Should reputation up/down votes be removed?
Yes - remove up/down votes
56.25%
No - keep up/down votes
43.75%
32 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should we get rid of reputation up/down votes?
(09-25-2020, 10:31 PM)Der Geist der Maschine Wrote: Somewhere in the infinity of the the MyBB code, there must a "-1" that needs to get replaced with a "-0" so that giving a negative rating does not decrease the reputation count. How difficult can that be?

From Upload/reputation.php

Code:
// The user is trying to give a negative reputation, but negative reps have been disabled.
        if($mybb->get_input('reputation', MyBB::INPUT_INT) < 0 && $mybb->settings['negrep'] != 1)
        {
                $message = $lang->add_negative_disabled;
        if($mybb->input['nomodal'])
                {
                eval("\$error = \"".$templates->get("reputation_add_error_nomodal", 1, 0)."\";");
                }
                else
                {
                        eval("\$error = \"".$templates->get("reputation_add_error", 1, 0)."\";");
                }
                echo $error;
                exit;
        }

Are you sure that one can not disable giving negative reputations?

This 8 year old thread for an older mybb version https://community.mybb.com/thread-124436.html suggests

ACP>Configuration>settings>Reputation>Allow Negative Reputation>check no

I'm embarrassed to say I completely missed that setting when I was looking for it...  Confused

I don't want to undermine this poll, but I think it's justified at this point to go head and disable downvotes.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should we get rid of reputation up/down votes? - by fire219 - 09-26-2020, 10:04 AM