Kings Cross disappeared
I used 'Kings Cross' as my terminal under mobian.

Last week sometime it disappeared from my phone.

How do I re-install it? I can not see it under Utils in Software, nor does 'apt search cross' yield anything that looks suitable.

I did manage to install 'Terminator' but prefer 'Kings Cross' because I can access <ESC> and <CTRL> from the keyboard in 'Kings Cross'.
(09-20-2020, 04:45 PM)bobblestiltskin Wrote: I used 'Kings Cross' as my terminal under mobian.

Last week sometime it disappeared from my phone.

How do I re-install it? I can not see it under Utils in Software, nor does 'apt search cross' yield anything that looks suitable.

I did manage to install 'Terminator' but prefer 'Kings Cross' because I can access <ESC> and <CTRL> from the keyboard in 'Kings Cross'.

The same thing happened to me maybe two months ago, never understood why, nor could I find Kings Cross to re-install it ... I replaced it with Lily Term, which has the keys you mention.     It uses a transparent background, however, which can make it hard to use against a light desktop background.
BraveHeart running Mobian from SD card.     Daily Driver.
King's Cross package name is "kgx"
(09-20-2020, 04:45 PM)bobblestiltskin Wrote: I did manage to install 'Terminator' but prefer 'Kings Cross' because I can access <ESC> and <CTRL> from the keyboard in 'Kings Cross'.
I think this behavior is not the default one anymore.
Any terminal you open seems to use the last keyboard layout you used in squeakboard. You have then to select the terminal keyboard layout manually, if you open the terminal.
apt autoremove will certainly remove Kings Cross.
(09-21-2020, 03:16 AM)fernando_c_m Wrote: apt autoremove will certainly remove Kings Cross.

I tried apt autoremove and king'scross still there.

These are the ones autoremove  removed:

Quote:mobian@mobian:~$ sudo apt autoremove
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree     
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libcdio18 libges-1.0-0 libilmbase24 libopenexr24 libpipewire-0.2-1
  libpoppler82 libpoppler95 libusrsctp1 libvulkan1 python3-ecdsa
  python3-pycryptodome
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 11 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
After this operation, 50.8 MB disk space will be freed.
Code:
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Calculating upgrade...
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  bsdmainutils calendar cpp cpp-10 cpp-9 gnome-clocks gnome-contacts kgx
  libcdio18 libges-1.0-0 libicu63 libilmbase24 libisl22 libjson-c4 libmpdec2
  libopenexr24 libpipewire-0.2-1 libpoppler82 libpoppler95 libprotobuf22
  libsrt1 libusrsctp1 libvulkan1 libwlroots5 libx264-155 libx264-159
  libx265-179 ncal ncurses-term openssh-sftp-server runit-helper
Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following packages have been kept back:
  gnome-authenticator pinephone-support
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed

Ok. Interesting. Thank you for pointing that out. I have been upgrading mobian with apt using the mid june stable image as a starting point. Then I get the output above. Maybe a similar workflow as the other people who have reported Kings Cross being removed.
(09-21-2020, 11:23 AM)fernando_c_m Wrote: Ok. Interesting. Thank you for pointing that out. I have been upgrading mobian with apt using the mid june stable image as a starting point. Then I get the output above. Maybe a similar workflow as the other people who have reported Kings Cross being removed.
Maybe you know. Autoremove should remove orphaned packages. If it is removing an app this is wrong, right?
[/quote]
(09-21-2020, 03:04 AM)a-wai Wrote: King's Cross package name is "kgx"

Thank you so much - I have managed to reinstall via apt.

(09-21-2020, 03:16 AM)fernando_c_m Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 04:45 PM)bobblestiltskin Wrote: I did manage to install 'Terminator' but prefer 'Kings Cross' because I can access <ESC> and <CTRL> from the keyboard in 'Kings Cross'.
I think this behavior is not the default one anymore.
Any terminal you open seems to use the last keyboard layout you used in squeakboard. You have then to select the terminal keyboard layout manually, if you open the terminal.
apt autoremove will certainly remove Kings Cross.

Thank you very much - I now see that if I toggle the behaviour to terminal - either in Terminator or kgx (Kings Cross) I see <ESC> and <CTRL> keys!

Not sure why autoremove wanted to remove kgx, though?
Same thing happened to me two updates ago. I managed to install Konsole instead and it works fine. I use Konsole with my PBP so I prefer it anyways

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The settings icon disappeared kubussz 34 12,998 11-15-2022, 10:56 AM
Last Post: grump_fiddle_reinstall
  Cross compilation for Mobian nicolapcweek94 3 2,656 02-21-2022, 02:42 AM
Last Post: nicolapcweek94
  Disappeared one icon kubussz 0 840 02-03-2022, 11:41 AM
Last Post: kubussz
  Make King's Cross (and apps in general) fullscreen 3x5co 5 4,643 02-04-2021, 04:37 AM
Last Post: dukla2000