4.4% surcharge by PayPal for non-USD payments
See: https://www.pine64.org/2020/09/15/septem...t-sink-in/

Quote:Second subject I’d like to touch on in this segment is the announcement that we’re actively working on a new store. It will be a couple of weeks yet before it goes live since we’re redoing everything, including the store database, which means adding all entries and accompanying descriptions manually. Apart from a facelift, the store will also feature alternative payment methods. At this point we’re happy to announce that Stripe will be available when the new store launches. Other services may also be available at the time of launch or shortly thereafter. We’re also working on implementing crypto currency payments – however, for reasons I will not get into, at this time we’re experiencing issues with implementing coin payments. More information concerning the store and available payments will be made available prior to the store’s launch sometime next month.

Yes, I agree with you about Paypal in hoping for other options.

Also, in a commercial transaction if there is a refund to the buyer Paypal keep all their fees which is also not fair.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4.4% surcharge by PayPal for non-USD payments - by lot378 - 09-18-2020, 09:43 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why still force us on paypal Jantje 22 10,465 09-27-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Payment via PayPal for russian customers. Repechko 2 2,159 03-07-2022, 09:18 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question How to buy PinePhone WITHOUT opening a Paypal account? kramer65 38 58,191 09-20-2020, 10:09 PM
Last Post: CharlieGordon