BBS like its 1996; Door Games, Message Nets & More..
(09-20-2020, 01:11 PM)wove Wrote: I did finally sort out how to get in and create an account.

There were still a couple dial up BBSes I used until about 5-6 years ago when I shut off the land line. My C=128 has not been online since, and I doubt I will setup an ethernet bridge to get it back online. Perhaps you can recommend and ANSI terminal for the Amiga that would run on MorphOS?

Thanks for the BBS and have a nice day.

bill

I did see you appy today - I did validate you and gave you full access to all door games and message networks... theres many more [lol, even better] BBSes and I plan to update this post with a best-of listing... so if yer interested, hang on. Tongue

There surely is an Amiga-terminal, too... I'll ask Anachronist - he runs aBSINTHE BBS; the very best Amiga BBS in 2020. Its my favorite board, hands down... and if yer an Amiga person I think you'd be taken back.... its super rad.

(09-20-2020, 05:31 PM)nas Wrote:
(09-18-2020, 04:47 PM)Paulie420 Wrote: No one applied yet, its an easy challenge... compile SyncTerm and join me.

Easy? That sounds like my cue to make hard work of it!

I gave it a shot on mobian running on the pinephhone. It needed build-essential, libncurses5-dev and libsdl1.2-dev to compile successfully. The icon showed up on phosh but didn't launch an application window. I tried the terminal route but no joy.

So had a look at the help blurb:

Code:
usage: syncterm [options] [URL]

options:

-e# =  set escape delay to #msec
-iX =  set interface mode to X (default=auto) where X is one of:
      S[W|F] = SDL surface mode W for windowed and F for fullscreen
      X = X11 mode
      C = Curses mode
      I = Curses mode with forced ASCII charset
      F = Curses mode with forced IBM charset
      A = ANSI mode

The x11 and sdl modes produce a "CIOLIB initialization failed!" message - I guess I missed something during setup. The curses modes only work if logged in from ssh or running an x session.

Managed to connect to a few bbs servers but oddly not the one quoted in your post. There doesn't seem be an obvious way to close a connection so will have to figure that out somehow.

You probably missed Sdl1.2-dev.... its best to run in SDL mode, but ncurses will work too - especially if you're trying to run in terminal. (Duh.) ...

1984 is pretty cool, new bbs... theres a plethora of them and a handful of really good ones. I'll post a best of shortly, and if you ever get on a desktop the experience is better.... but thanks for trying out my BBS love at any rate!!!

Mine is always up @ 20ForBeers.com  port 1337  password=meatloaf
-----
 pAULIE42o
.  .  .  .   .  . .
/s

Messages In This Thread
RE: BBS like its 1996; Door Games, Message Nets & More.. - by Paulie420 - 09-20-2020, 07:17 PM