Blank display on boot
I received my pinetab last week and was enjoying it immensely.  On the second or third night I left it charging, and when I came back to it, the backlight will come on but the display no longer works.

I was running mobian on microSD, removed and rebooted (held power down more then the recommended 10s) but I still get no display beyond the backlight, not even a splash screen on boot).  I've tried using the miniHDMI but get no display on a known good monitor either.  I booted off the latest pinetime jumpdrive image and can access it over microUSB, but I'm concerned I no longer have a working display.

Has anyone seen something similar or can suggest any troubleshooting?
I can't get a display anytime I boot w an ad card inserted. In software the general consensus is that this wave of ptabs haveca different screen than the first batch sonthe images need to be adjusted...

But if yours was booting w an ad card before, you might read that section and try a different img and card.
(09-14-2020, 09:34 PM)mindwave Wrote: I can't get a display anytime I boot w an ad card inserted. In software the general consensus is that this wave of ptabs haveca different screen than the first batch sonthe images need to be adjusted...

But if yours was booting w an ad card before, you might read that section and try a different img and card.
I would suggest flashing latest Mobian or Arch Linux for Pinetab to emmc using the JumpDrive for Pinetab-it won't hurt to try. Manjaro and Postmarket won't boot due to the display change with this batch-I tried both. I also had a SD card go wonky on me that made me think non-booting was a Pinetab issue. Reformatted and reflashed to the SD and then decided to work. I hope you get it working!
You are not alone https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11364
I had a similar problem - I ended up reflashing the SD card and then it worked. My guess is that for me it had somehow failed to flash correctly. It now works every time perfectly.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and tips. I've looked at the other posts so far and I think the difference is that I don't get any display when booting from the emmc or the sdcard. Most of the other posts seem to be issues with the display and sdcard only.

I was able to boot to JumpDrive and flash the latest Arch to emmc. booted Arch and left the tablet for at least an hour. I can hear the audio clicks when attaching and detaching devices but still no display beyond the grey backlight. I tried connecting to the miniHDMI and no display their either.

I tried the above with Mobian with the same results.

I'm at a loss besides taking the tablet apart and checking the connections.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinetab2 stays dark / won't boot derco0n 0 704 07-13-2023, 11:44 AM
Last Post: derco0n
Bug Cannot boot from microSD pizzalovingnerd 11 15,277 10-31-2020, 07:01 PM
Last Post: pizzalovingnerd