Factory reset / load to eMMC
I've played with my UBPorts install by mounting RW and going to town with apt-get, so now that I've learned a thing or two I'd like to revert to the base UBPorts image, maybe even adjust it to fill the available storage.

I can easily download and flash other OSes to SD and boot up on them, but I don't see instructions to install/revert the builtin eMMC.  Any pointers or links?

- Brent -
Flash the image JumpDrive 0.5 on your SD-card. After that you'll see your Pintetab (EMMC) mounted and you'll able to flash the images of different OS'es.

The link for JumpDrive: https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Ju...e/releases
(09-12-2020, 01:15 PM)m.alizade7 Wrote: Flash the image JumpDrive 0.5 on your SD-card. After that you'll see your Pintetab (EMMC) mounted and you'll able to flash the images of different OS'es.

The link for JumpDrive: https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Ju...e/releases

Thanks, will do!
There is a function in the settings to go back to "factory image". If that does not work you can use "jumpdrive" (wiki-> pinephone-> jumpdrive) or UB Ports "command mode" (hold down the volume button while starting) to write the image to the emmc(internal).
Use the search function to look for detailed explanations and links.
(09-12-2020, 01:19 PM)guenther Wrote: There is a function in the settings to go back to "factory image". If that does not work you can use "jumpdrive" (wiki-> pinephone-> jumpdrive) or UB Ports "command mode" (hold down the volume button while starting) to write the image to the emmc(internal).

I did the reset from settings, but it just cleared the user partition, and I had remounted the root partition and installed some things that remained after the reset.  Looks like jumpdrive will be necessary for a full reset.
(09-12-2020, 05:26 PM)brentashley Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 01:19 PM)guenther Wrote: There is a function in the settings to go back to "factory image". If that does not work you can use "jumpdrive" (wiki-> pinephone-> jumpdrive) or UB Ports "command mode" (hold down the volume button while starting) to write the image to the emmc(internal).

I did the reset from settings, but it just cleared the user partition, and I had remounted the root partition and installed some things that remained after the reset.  Looks like jumpdrive will be necessary for a full reset.

I have tried Jumpdrive but I am unable to get it to boot.  I used dd on my mac to flash it as instructed, I can see the files on it when I mount it on the mac, but it doesn't get past the initial indication of turning the screen's backlight on when booting.  I have tried version 0.5 and 0.4, and both using DD and Etcher to flash it with the same result. Will now try command mode, first looking for explanations.
If you mean JumpDrive isn't booting, I think the blank lit up screen is the only indication. At least that's all I got when booting JumpDrive, and have flashed my eMMC multiple times using it.
As long as the eMMC partitions show up on your computer end, afaik you should be good to go.
Ahh, ok I have it reloaded now. For anyone following along who missed the idea like I did, when you run Jumpdrive, there is no indication on the Pinetab other than the backlight on the screen. At that point, you plug a microusb cable into your Pinetab, and then you can plug the USB-A end into any computer and your Pinetab will act as a USB storage device (jumpdrive) and will expose the eMMC and SD card. In my case, I then used BalenaEtcher on my mac to flash the ubuntu touch image to eMMC.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab2 corrupted EMMC explit 5 1,011 03-27-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: oiyounutter
  eMMC backup - pinetab2 pinetar.gz 0 391 01-07-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: pinetar.gz