Preparing for the mid-September Shipment
I've been doing the preliminary research, and am a little concerned because I read on one of the other posts that the phone might not be supported in the US at all.

Can anyone confirm?

What's the best resource, for reading and research, as far as walking me through the setup process?

Thanks, fam!
The PinePhone absolutely works in the US. The only roadblock you may come across is that some carriers (mostly AT&T) will give you a hard time with activation.

In terms of researching this, I'd start here, and make sure to read the linked "Carrier Support" and "APN settings" pages.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

(09-12-2020, 09:10 AM)Doodenheimer Wrote: I've been doing the preliminary research, and am a little concerned because I read on one of the other posts that the phone might not be supported in the US at all.

Can anyone confirm?

What's the best resource, for reading and research, as far as walking me through the setup process?

Thanks, fam!
   This Forum and Pine64  wiki are a great resource.

The Pine phone works as well in the US as it does anywhere else,  I am US based myself.

I think most prepaid sim cards and carriers work fairly painless, @ThrillGates has a recent thread 
on activating.

Be sure to at least 'look' at every line in the settings menu,  one item not mentioned much is under

"Regions & Languages" be sure there is a check by each choice,
or some software may not operate correctly.

Take your time if you are new to Linux phones you will discover it can be tedious to fix a mistake.
Though with help anything can be fixed.

Some operating systems are still in alpha, some are in beta, 
 Even the most advanced operating systems still have rough edges.

Most of the forum members here are friendly and happy to help.
  (Please do check to see if a question was previously asked)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Factory image April shipment RRman 2 2,552 05-06-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: RRman
  Will there be any September Pinephone sales ? bcnaz 10 9,392 09-10-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  PinePhone - no shipment email - ordered Jan 7 - anyone else? ozzeruk 42 47,058 04-28-2020, 07:35 AM
Last Post: thurloat