UBPorts won't let me connect to my Google account
Attempting to connect to Google through UBPorts "Accounts" setting results only in an endlessly spinning "Wait" symbol

When I try to sign into my Google account with the Morph browser (or, for that matter, with the Onion browser, which I downloaded), after I enter my login name I get a screen which says "Google Couldn't sign you in. This browser or app may not be secure...".

Neither the Contacts nor the Calendar app allow me to connect to my Google data, through their settings; I'm guessing that the menu items to do so require that I have set up the connection through the general UBPorts setting.
This is a known issue, online accounts dont connect through any current channel release right now.
i have this problem too. what use is the device if i cannot connect to Google? it's effectively useless. when will this be fixed?
(10-25-2020, 10:17 AM)sigerico Wrote: i have this problem too. what use is the device if i cannot connect to Google? it's effectively useless. when will this be fixed?

I'm sure a number of us that haven't been able to get one yet would be quite willing to take it off your hands if you post it for sale ^_-
(10-25-2020, 10:17 AM)sigerico Wrote: i have this problem too. what use is the device if i cannot connect to Google? it's effectively useless. when will this be fixed?
I wasn't really a fan of UBports either. I am running Mobian and they are working on it quite actively, while all of these OS' are in the development stages currently I think Mobian is way ahead of UBports. It could be used as a daily at this point.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UBPorts Ubuntu Touch Takaszi 6 7,383 02-24-2021, 01:39 AM
Last Post: TechDragon
  Any way to disable wake on power connect/full charge? (Arch) quipacorn 3 5,551 10-14-2020, 10:00 AM
Last Post: quipacorn