Charging
Just got the Pinetab. Interesting little device. Can't wait to see where this leads. 

Charging? There was a red USB/power cable in the box. When I plug it, I don't see any indication the system is charging. What should I see?

Thanks.

(09-11-2020, 07:35 PM)dgkPBP Wrote: Just got the Pinetab. Interesting little device. Can't wait to see where this leads. 

Charging? There was a red USB/power cable in the box. When I plug it, I don't see any indication the system is charging. What should I see?

Thanks.

On my PineTab what I see is where the charge level is usually white it turns green and there is a symbol to the right of the charge level. I'm using Ubuntu Touch.
PinePhone BraveHeart Edition

Pinephone Convergence

PineTab

RockPro64
(09-11-2020, 07:35 PM)dgkPBP Wrote: Just got the Pinetab. Interesting little device. Can't wait to see where this leads. 

Thanks.

Mystery solved. I switch to different USB charger; working fine.
Can the micro USB port be used to charge the Pinetab?

In an effort to carry fewer cables, I would like to use the same cable that my phone uses. I can't find where it says that can be done. All the info I have read says it it a USB On The Go port and that means it has additional features, but still not clear if it can be charged thru that port and I do NOT want to just plug a charger in to a port without knowing it won't damage my Pinetab.
(09-19-2020, 07:27 AM)n3rDy Wrote: Can the micro USB port be used to charge the Pinetab?

In an effort to carry fewer cables, I would like to use the same cable that my phone uses. I can't find where it says that can be done. All the info I have read says it it a USB On The Go port and that means it has additional features, but still not clear if it can be charged thru that port and I do NOT want to just plug a charger in to a port without knowing it won't damage my Pinetab.

Yes it can be used

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question PineTab2 - non-charging USB-C port zqq 0 645 06-07-2023, 04:07 AM
Last Post: zqq
  pinetab for sale , with keyboard and charging cable (Uk) GreyLinux 4 3,837 11-29-2021, 09:50 AM
Last Post: GreyLinux