SD card issues.
just in case it helps anyone, I couldn't find a way to open the sd slot cover on mine. A bit of stray glue seem seems to have got onto the inside just there. After taking the back off and removing the excess glue it's now operable, however the alignment of the slot and the case makes it really difficult to insert and remove cards. Is this typical of others experience? I'm just wondering if I haven't put the back on properly.
I also had troubles with the MicroSD cover. Fortunately, I managed to open it eventually.

One suggestion for the next batch. Include a sheet of paper showing the various ports and controls of the device. This could have numbered callouts, with the key appearing in the language section of the `Getting Started'.

I'm planning on installing PostmarketOS on my device. Really looking forward to it!
My experience with SD card slot is that it's indeed hard to open, and on first try I thought that I'm gonna break it - but after I learned how to do it, it's not as hard (although you need to have strong fingernails or a matching knife/coin).
(09-11-2020, 02:15 AM)Lex-2008 Wrote: My experience with SD card slot is that it's indeed hard to open, and on first try I thought that I'm gonna break it - but after I learned how to do it, it's not as hard (although you need to have strong fingernails or a matching knife/coin).
Mine was actually glued shut, obviously when I re-assembled it the alignment was out, but now that the screen's broken it seems to be aligned properly again and I can insert and remove the sd easily, I think really the top frame needs to be more rigid and the bottom needs more flex.
How do you insert a microSD card correctly in that slot? I have never seen such an odd slot.
(09-11-2020, 03:10 AM)Ktaadn Wrote: How do you insert a microSD card correctly in that slot? I have never seen such an odd slot.
I ended up shining with a flashlight in it to see on which side the pins are, then (with the help of a nail) I pushed the card all the way in and then I felt it lock in place. I've seen such slots before, once it's locked in place, slightly push it further in to unlock it and you should be able to pull it back out.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Booting from SD card on Pinetab2 samochimaaron 10 2,605 08-23-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Pinetab2: (multi)boot normal image on eMMC and some OS on SD- card Bart 3 1,804 06-10-2023, 03:24 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Unable to boot off SD card gdsmit1 5 6,554 12-30-2020, 03:24 PM
Last Post: gdsmit1
  Keyboard issues? hedlund 4 5,165 09-11-2020, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Lex-2008