My Daily QA - 2020-09-10
(09-18-2020, 02:57 PM)plainenough Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 11:34 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I am just a low level user, but just from my personal experience with UBPorts,
  It performed better for me in February on my Brave Heart, than it did the last time I recently tried it. 
It did have text and phone call capability at that point, a working camera was a far distant idea at that point in time.

As I continued to do the daily updates, it just kept getting worse for me,  until I could no longer use it at all.

When I discovered the Debian/Phosh, it was a usable operating system, the desktop was different but with
some use, I started getting used to it.

Now with the Mobian and Phosh, it has become my favorite and daily driver

I have been a Linux "user" for over two decades, I am just not too good at terminal stuff..

I do understand everyone has their own preferences and that is as it should be...

Yeah truth of it is, I just think phosh isn't as pretty as ubports. But this stems off of a simple expectation through my sole use of iPhones for the last decade. (long story short, I went from an i560 Nextel flipper to an iphone 3g way back when because I have a full free phone upgrade and they didn't have anything else that seemed better.) So now I have a certain expectation of UX that is hard to match. Many "Solely Android" people probably feel the same way about unity. It is just different. And IMO a little ugly.

With all of this in mind, yeah Mobian is a better solution at the moment.
I definitely agree that UT looks better than Phosh by a long shot. That being said I prefer Mobian because it feels more like using Linux on my phone than UT with UT having a read only root file system. Plus, I absolutely hate qml and don't want to try and develop apps with it and would much rather use GTK with Python.
(09-18-2020, 07:57 PM)ragreenburg Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 11:34 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I am just a low level user, but just from my personal experience with UBPorts,
  It performed better for me in February on my Brave Heart, than it did the last time I recently tried it. 
It did have text and phone call capability at that point, a working camera was a far distant idea at that point in time.

As I continued to do the daily updates, it just kept getting worse for me,  until I could no longer use it at all.

When I discovered the Debian/Phosh, it was a usable operating system, the desktop was different but with

I have been a Linux "user" for over two decades, I am just not too good at terminal stuff..

I do understand everyone has their own preferences and that is as it should be...

Yeah truth of it is, I just think phosh isn't as pretty as ubports. But this stems off of a simple expectation through my sole use of iPhones for the last decade. (long story short, I went from an i560 Nextel flipper to an iphone 3g way back when because I have a full free phone upgrade and they didn't have anything else that seemed better.) So now I have a certain expectation of UX that is hard to match. Many "Solely Android" people probably feel the same way about unity. It is just different. And IMO a little ugly.

I definitely agree that UT looks better than Phosh by a long shot. That being said I prefer Mobian because it feels more like using Linux on my phone than UT with UT having a read only root file system. Plus, I absolutely hate qml and don't want to try and develop apps with it and would much rather use GTK with Python.

Today Manjaro finishes Alpha-1 with Manjaro/Arch and Lomiri.

I think this can be exactly that which we expect:

- stable Linux base with all ist features
- Lomiri aka UB-Touch as an surface
(09-19-2020, 01:27 PM)firefox-58 Wrote:

Wonderful! Where is the link? I see nothing in the Manjaro sub-forum
(09-19-2020, 07:41 PM)Cree Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 01:27 PM)firefox-58 Wrote:

Wonderful! Where is the link? I see nothing in the Manjaro sub-forum

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm-...e/26454/12

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ordered my 3 phones on April 20, 2020 and only 1 arrived! bndoug66 9 8,781 10-09-2020, 05:56 PM
Last Post: bndoug66
  My Daily QA - 2020-10-01 plainenough 1 2,883 10-02-2020, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Phillip Bell
  My Daily QA - 2020-09-30 plainenough 0 1,885 09-30-2020, 01:48 PM
Last Post: plainenough
  My Daily QA - 2020-09-28 plainenough 3 4,917 09-29-2020, 10:51 AM
Last Post: LinAdmin2
  My Daily QA - 2020-09-29 plainenough 0 1,857 09-29-2020, 08:32 AM
  My Daily QA - 2020-09-01 plainenough 2 3,709 09-29-2020, 07:51 AM
  My Daily QA - 2020-09-09 plainenough 1 2,700 09-09-2020, 11:37 PM