Pine64 doesn't respect its return and refund policy
(09-10-2020, 03:37 PM)Myr Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 03:11 PM)saba Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 03:06 PM)Myr Wrote: my problem was that I needed to know the process (where do I send my items back or anything that I'm supposed to do for the return). Also usually on website you need to contact the support or click on a button to return it, they also provide the label (address).

Quote:Online Return Process
You can initiate a return online once you have received your item(s).
Go to https://support.pine64.org
Register and sign in with your Pine store support ID and password.
Register your product by Submit a Ticket section using the serial number found on the outside of the retail packaging.
Create a new case stating you wish to return for a refund and submit a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number request. If we determined that the return policy is applicable, an RMA number will be issued to you.
Once you have submitted your return request, our support team will contact you and advise you how to return the item(s). Please use the original packaging. You can assist us in tracking your package on its way back to us by entering your tracking information in the RMA form.

I did this process already, https://support.pine64.org told me to transfer their message to the support (sales@pine64.org) and the rest you know the story. But I'll try again following those steps in case.

Thanks Saba!
I hope you get your money back on the return. As for the forum, sadly there are fanboys that appear to think any negative comments about Pine64 are an attack rather than an opportunity to improve. After my first order (Pinetab) would say there is a lot of room for improvement in how Pine64 operates and communicates with customers.
(09-10-2020, 03:06 PM)Myr Wrote: I already know about the policy, my problem was that I needed to know the process (where do I send my items back or anything that I'm supposed to do for the return). Also usually on website you need to contact the support or click on a button to return it, they also provide the label (address).

When I was returning an item I had to ship it here:

Pine64 Service Center
4727 Paseo Padre Pkwy
Fremont, CA
United States
510-9910098

Depending on where you live the address might be different, so I wouldn't recommend sending the items back without getting an RMA# and the return address first.
If Pine keeps bouncing you back and forth, or tries to ignore you, you can open a PayPal dispute. They might try to ignore it too, so make sure to escalate it into a claim before it expires automatically after 20 days.
Hope you get your money back.
How long did it take to get replies from support? I opened a ticket a week ago, and no response at all...
(09-12-2020, 09:32 AM)desca Wrote: How long did it take to get replies from support? I opened a ticket a week ago, and no response at all...

Not sure if you were asking OP or me, but in my case when I opened a ticket with Pine support they first responded the next day, promised to forward my ticket to their "engineering team" and ignored it for the next 2 weeks.
After 2 weeks of waiting I opened a PayPal dispute, and they ignored it and my support ticket for another week. At this point I escalated my dispute into a claim and asked for a full refund. A few days after that they suddenly remembered about my ticket, but only to ask me to close my PayPal claim and promise they'd look into my issue after that.
After a month in PayPal claim review Pine finally offered me a full refund and sent me an RMA# and the return address. Next day I shipped the item back, but they never acknowledged the delivery of the package (I sent it with tracking, so I know it was delivered). So, I had to pester PayPal support and wait for another month to finally get my money back.

TLDR: To get a meaningful reply - about a month? And even that was with some additional "motivation" from PayPal.
Wow, that is truly an awful experience.
I'm going through a similar situation as my DHL package was lost in the mail. I'm trying to get a refund and pine64 keep ignoring my emails. I have also opened a ticket and did not get a response. The first time pine64 mentioned that I have to request a claim dispute number. After speaking to DHL and informing pine64 of the situation, I haven't heard back since. DHL says the shipper has to dispute the claim. Its hard to get anything done when they ignore the emails/tickets put in place.
I don't mean to hijack your post at all... I'm a new Pine64 customer and I am currently happy with my purchases and even the hardware.

However, its concerning to see these posts and hear more than one person decribe how Pine64 doesn't stick to their policies - they have the opportunity to be a great company...

However I want a company who both pushes the edge, as Pine64 does, and has ample customer service in the process.

I hope they decide that this is important, also.
-----
 pAULIE42o
.  .  .  .   .  . .
/s
After weeks of bouncing between DHL and pine64, I have finally got results. I've been refunded and all is well now. Only recommendation I can make is keep your eyes on the ball. Be persistent in messaging. Check in every week and ask for updates otherwise I feel the conversation/process would be lost as DHL adds to the confusion with their process.
[/quote]
I hope you get your money back on the return. As for the forum, sadly there are fanboys that appear to think any negative comments about Pine64 are an attack rather than an opportunity to improve. After my first order (Pinetab) would say there is a lot of room for improvement in how Pine64 operates and communicates with customers.
[/quote]

I agree, I placed an order a month ago on NON PREORDER items (emmc, m.2 and emmc usb). Didn't hear anything, opened a ticket and got mixed responses, one of them said that they confirmed I would be receiving a pinephone, one of them confirmed I would be receiving a pinebook pro. I ended up requesting a refund, as I know the company and website are going through some changes. Yes I ordered a $200 computer and yes I received $20 customer service (have to acknowledge that before all the fanboys attack me). It's an awesome computer, I just wish the company would be attentive to customer requests and feedback. Hopefully after the pandemic, I'm hoping that things get better.
I am adding my story to this. I have two Pinephones and I gave the RockPro64 a chance. I got a board that has memory errors:

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...5#pid79855

I have not gotten help since filing the issue on 4 Oct. I filed a Paypal dispute over it. The lack of response in working with me when I can verify a hardware problem really sours my interest in ever buying a product from Pine again.

EDIT: I finally got a response (I suspect it was the paypal dispute), and I had to send my pockpro back to hong kong at my own expense to get it replaced.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to connect to Pine64 IRC channel due to certificate error? Must-Borrow 1 241 03-10-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Must-Borrow
  Forum Recommendations for Pine64 support? backwoodstech2 0 276 02-04-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: backwoodstech2
  Im thinking of building a Pine64 cluster Theirat1991 2 414 01-17-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: damiarobber
  PINE64 EU / Disappointment yoriel79 1 748 12-24-2023, 11:00 PM
Last Post: meekice
  How is it going Pine64.org? Corfromleuven 2 927 12-23-2023, 08:15 PM
Last Post: polinkuer12
  Registering my 'nick' on Pine64's IRC network diederik 5 1,069 11-13-2023, 07:36 PM
Last Post: ilebagels
  pine64 opensource dumbphone Phie 13 3,528 08-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Phie
  Possible new Pine64 product - Pine Blue Ray DVD Linux tv box Omnios 5 1,394 07-24-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Omnios
  My Pine64 Logo Re-Design & Thoughts About A New Logo me! 0 674 04-24-2023, 10:03 PM
Last Post: me!
  Which Pine64 single-board computer has NO on-board wireless modules? peteressive 2 1,233 03-10-2023, 03:35 PM
Last Post: peteressive