Reselling Pinephones on ebay to make money out of it?
I saw it several times that people sell a second hand Pinephone at a higher price than a new one in the Pinephone store. I asked one seller about the reason for the higher price. He argued that it would be worth the price when I did not want to wait until the next batch or Pinephones are available in the Pinephone store. There is something wrong. Stop Pinephone resellers who want to make money out of reselling Pinephone. It is not possible to sell Pinephones without interruption in the Pinephone store?
If someone is that desperate, does it matter? The only thing that bothers me is if someone is misrepresenting it as a trendy full-featured fully-working phone.
The seller reduced the starting price of his auction from a Pinephone Postmarked OS 2 GB phone which was sold for 150 USD from 250 USD to 200 USD to start his auction after I asked him for the reason for his high price. But he was pissed of about my question, and adviced me to wait if I did not wanted to pay his price. He is a proficient reseller. When he is lucky he can sell a PinePhone for more than 300 USD between delivery breaks, as I noticed.
C'est la vie. Or as they say these days, "Say lovey", I guess. If he's able to sell it for that much, it's only because someone is willing to spend that much.
If it Means there will be more people using Linux Phones,  That is not a bad thing  ?

As long as that does not stop us from getting our share.

Is he buying direct from Pine64,  or just picking them up from people who

Gave up on using them ?

I would hate to see even one end up in a trash can !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
No, his business model is very simple. He buys Pinephones in the Pine64 store when they are available. When they are unavailable, he sells them on ebay for twice the price.
(09-10-2020, 08:04 AM)Peter Gamma Wrote: No, his business model is very simple. He buys Pinephones in the Pine64 store when they are available. When they are unavailable, he sells them on ebay for twice the price.
Please explain what the problem is with that.
I thought that was illegal because of the kill switches or eBay’s no developer units policy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]
Please explain what the problem is with that.
[/quote]

The problem is someone who wanted to buy Pinephone for $150 will not be able to, since the phones are out of stock, bought by someone else to reself for more.
That behavior may not be supportive of the community but, it is capitalism. And community members always have the simple choice NOT to buy...

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you make reliable calls yet? orbital 26 10,792 10-11-2022, 10:52 PM
Last Post: better
  Developers wanted to make out of the PinePhone a Respiratory Monitor Peter Gamma 0 938 03-20-2022, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  PinePhones on assembly line Luke 23 45,580 09-11-2021, 12:17 AM
Last Post: sagaracharya
  How best to help make the PinePhone better? KJ6OHG 1 2,249 05-18-2021, 07:42 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PinePhone can't make outbound calls rocketchik24 3 3,882 04-11-2021, 03:57 PM
Last Post: dukla2000
  Pinephone UBPorts available. just cover shipping and make me the best offer stozi 3 4,083 03-20-2021, 11:35 PM
Last Post: dsimic
  Android apps on Pinephones Raniyah 1 4,196 11-23-2020, 10:39 PM
Last Post: evilbunny
  UBUNTU DOING ALL BUT MAKE/RECEIVE CALLS snow season 2 3,958 11-16-2020, 01:37 PM
Last Post: MonCon
  Are PinePhones Becoming More Usable On Each Release . . . NobodyNew1 42 47,138 11-05-2020, 11:55 AM
Last Post: aritual
Question PMOS EU-only PinePhones on the store? marcih 6 6,888 10-24-2020, 09:23 AM
Last Post: marcih