TIP: Removing protective film from Touchpad
If any of you Pinebook Pro new users want to know how to get the slick film off your touchpad, just take a bit of strong tape such as Duct-tape and apply to the middle of the touchpad.
Like magic, the film is removed.

You're welcome.
(09-08-2020, 03:56 PM)nomasteryoda Wrote: "If any of you Pinebook Pro new users want to know how to get the slick film off your touchpad, just take a bit of strong tape such as Duct-tape and apply to the middle of the touchpad.

You're welcome."

This has vexed me.  I had reconciled to just live with it  Thanks Much!
Heart 
(09-08-2020, 03:56 PM)nomasteryoda Wrote: If any of you Pinebook Pro new users want to know how to get the slick film off your touchpad, just take a bit of strong tape such as Duct-tape and apply to the middle of the touchpad.

You're welcome.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!      Heart Heart Heart Heart

I had an array of pointy tools sitting beside the pinebook but I just couldn't bring myself to use one, so glad I didn't.
Dodgy
Hmm, I'm pretty sure mine never had film, I got it in January 2020. Which makes me wonder if there's an improved touchpad and it might be worth replacing it.

I mostly don't like that it's black and the PBP case is also black. It's too hard to find the edge of it in low light. And I wish the buttons were real buttons that you could see.

In the past week or so I've noticed that the pressure needed to make something happen seems to vary. Nothing happens until I push harder, but it's not always the same.
I wish the buttons were real buttons that didn't make the cursor jump out of the way.

I prefer mine with the film on. I have two. One with and one without, and I greatly prefer the "with". I didn't need tape to remove it though, I just grabbed it and pulled. But the tape is a pretty neat solution.
(11-17-2020, 03:20 AM)KC9UDX Wrote: I wish the buttons were real buttons that didn't make the cursor jump out of the way.

I prefer mine with the film on.  I have two.  One with and one without, and I greatly prefer the "with".  I didn't need tape to remove it though, I just grabbed it and pulled. But the tape is a pretty neat solution.

Hmmmm... really I was just here to post a reply thanking the OP - as I've had this film on the PBP since purchase... I went back and forth, first wondering if it should even be removed at all, then wondering if I wanted to leave it on until it got... ugly, or damaged.

So, thanks OP, for this info - I didn't know how to get it off, and picking around with fingernails and things that I didn't mind picking at a laptop with haven't worked... so, thanks.

But not this post, and man... I wonder if I'll like it better without the film or if I should just leave it be. The trackpad is definitely the weak point of the PBP and I don't want to make it any worse! Tongue I amost just use a mouse with the PBP, but... for the amount of time I'm on it, the trackpad hasnt been a HUGE issue.

Should I take the film off, or leave it on there? Hmmmm..
-----
 pAULIE42o
.  .  .  .   .  . .
/s
I don't think you'll lose sleep if you remove it. But for whatever reason, I find it more usable with the film on. Incidentally, the older one, for which I removed the film, had an even better feel. But c'est la vie. It had a nasty air bubble in it; it had to go.