Stock Screener + SMS Alert
(06-10-2016, 01:14 PM)jproffer Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 01:19 PM)joshdude58 Wrote: Hey guys,

So I have gotten the program and Pine working as I wanted it. I wrote the program on my Surface tablet, ensured everything worked, and then copied it onto my Pine. It runs during market hours and retrieves the price every minute to compute a 9, 12, and 26 minute EMA, and then it tracks the MACD and sends me texts using the Twilio client if there is a crossover or crossunder. I added the ability to choose whether I wanted to input my own stocks, or pull from a stock screener with set parameters (minimum volume, max price, how many stocks to retrieve). I believe I have finessed it to where I envisioned it with my original post; however, my values are slightly off (when comparing on a stock tracking application, like thinkorswim). Also, I have found it gets annoying if I am following a stock with little movement, as it tends to send me a text every minute. I am going to try to find other indicators/expand my time periods to see if that helps. Have had some positive, and some neutral results from the program!

To prevent the minute notifications, you need to store the last value and set a % change margin before you get another notification.

Good idea! I was thinking something like that, or maybe running a 5 minute interval-MACD as well, and if the 5 minute is crossed over and the 1 minute crosses over, then maybe have it message me