Getting platform tools working like I'm used to?
No, I haven't. That's not anything I've come across for this device. Normally on windows, mac, or other linux machines it works fine, but that is using platform tools downloaded from Google.
(09-06-2020, 06:46 PM)bastafari Wrote: To start I'm a complete newb. I downloaded Android tools from the store. Adb works but I have to select file transfer on the phone first otherwise adb devices doesn't list the phone and gives a permissions error. Then in order for fastboot to work I have to type $(which) fastboot. Which doesn't work exactly right because fastboot reboot recovery just rebooted the phone to the os. Additionally I couldn't find a folder for the tools though I thought it would have been /use/bin. What I normally do is keep my platform tools folder on my desktop then I drop my files I want to flash in that folder so all I would do for example is type fastboot boot twrp.img. So I saw Arch wiki had some stuff on platform tools but honestly it's above me at this point. Any pointers, easy instructions or general help I can use? Thanks.

Forgot to say, I'm on Manjaro.
I tried this rabbit hole before and gave up. What version of Android are you using and what version of the of Android tools are you using? When trying to build the latest when using aur, it fails as it's not meant for arm64. If I just install from regular repo it's an older version. While adb may work fastboot may work for some things but flashing OS or recovery while on anything Android that's July 2019 or newer  (29.0.2) will probably fail.
(09-14-2020, 03:49 PM)FeMike Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 06:46 PM)bastafari Wrote: To start I'm a complete newb. I downloaded Android tools from the store. Adb works but I have to select file transfer on the phone first otherwise adb devices doesn't list the phone and gives a permissions error. Then in order for fastboot to work I have to type $(which) fastboot. Which doesn't work exactly right because fastboot reboot recovery just rebooted the phone to the os. Additionally I couldn't find a folder for the tools though I thought it would have been /use/bin. What I normally do is keep my platform tools folder on my desktop then I drop my files I want to flash in that folder so all I would do for example is type fastboot boot twrp.img. So I saw Arch wiki had some stuff on platform tools but honestly it's above me at this point. Any pointers, easy instructions or general help I can use? Thanks.

I tried this rabbit hole before and gave up. What version of Android are you using and what version of the of Android tools are you using? When trying to build the latest when using aur, it fails as it's not meant for arm64. If I just install from regular repo it's an older version. While adb may work fastboot may work for some things but flashing OS or recovery while on anything Android that's July 2019 or newer  (29.0.2) will probably fail.
My phone is on android 10 right now. If you meant the android tools I'm on it's 30.0.3-1. The only issue I've come across is the fastboot reboot recovery command just reboots into system instead of recovery. I perform most operations on the phone through recovery and not normally through adb, but there's just somethings you'll need that for. When I get  time I'll try oem lock and oem unlock and see if there are any issues.
(09-14-2020, 04:19 PM)bastafari Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 03:49 PM)FeMike Wrote:

My phone is on android 10 right now. If you meant the android tools I'm on it's 30.0.3-1. The only issue I've come across is the fastboot reboot recovery command just reboots into system instead of recovery. I perform most operations on the phone through recovery and not normally through adb, but there's just somethings you'll need that for. When I get  time I'll try oem lock and oem unlock and see if there are any issues.
Nice it's been updated!! I too am on android 10 (July patch) I should have tried again before posting I apologize. The last time I tried was back in June when I created thread trying to find updated tools. Please update us when you try unlocking commands.
Oem lock and unlock work fine.
Had a snafu when switching roms on my phone. First after flash, fastboot devices didn't list my phone. Also when I finally got into recovery, I couldn't transfer a rom with dolphin. It would always hand at the end and say couldn't copy file. In the end I had to use nautilus, a usb stick, and a spare laptop with Linux. Would love to see further development on platform tools for arm. I see it coming for the fact arm is going to start saturating the market, but not soon enough!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Update: downloading Android file transfer in addition to Android tools might solve all our problems. This worked for me in only one instance that I've tried so far. Needs further testing, as all I tried to do was fastboot boot recovery.img. But promising!

(10-04-2020, 06:46 AM)bastafari Wrote: Had a snafu when switching roms on my phone. First after flash, fastboot devices didn't list my phone. Also when I finally got into recovery, I couldn't transfer a rom with dolphin. It would always hand at the end and say couldn't copy file. In the end I had to use nautilus, a usb stick, and a spare laptop with Linux. Would love to see further development on platform tools for arm. I see it coming for the fact arm is going to start saturating the market, but not soon enough!

So after seeing your post awhile back about getting the latest platform tools I finally got mine set up. While I haven't flashed anything yet adb works as expected. When you were trying to transfer your rom was it strictly by using dolphin while in recovery? I thought I read somewhere that mtp doesn't work still in TWRP but adb push/pull still works. Do you think maybe that was the issue? When I get home I'll try moving files around while in recovery using dolphin. Though I think the mtp not working in recovery may just be a pixel thing and not an every device type thing.
(10-20-2020, 02:09 AM)FeMike Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 06:46 AM)bastafari Wrote: Had a snafu when switching roms on my phone. First after flash, fastboot devices didn't list my phone. Also when I finally got into recovery, I couldn't transfer a rom with dolphin. It would always hand at the end and say couldn't copy file. In the end I had to use nautilus, a usb stick, and a spare laptop with Linux. Would love to see further development on platform tools for arm. I see it coming for the fact arm is going to start saturating the market, but not soon enough!

So after seeing your post awhile back about getting the latest platform tools I finally got mine set up. While I haven't flashed anything yet adb works as expected. When you were trying to transfer your rom was it strictly by using dolphin while in recovery? I thought I read somewhere that mtp doesn't work still in TWRP but adb push/pull still works. Do you think maybe that was the issue? When I get home I'll try moving files around while in recovery using dolphin. Though I think the mtp not working in recovery may just be a pixel thing and not an every device type thing.
No, I don't think it's a twrp issue. I honestly think Android file transfer probably allows system wide recognition of mtp but that's a guess. Let me know what you find and if any issues try again installing Android file transfer.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk
(10-20-2020, 02:09 AM)FeMike Wrote:

As an aside I currently use pitch black recovery project instead of twrp on my device but it's based on twrp 3.4.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Android build working! pin 60 83,417 07-03-2021, 06:08 PM
Last Post: justiceankomah