Star Trek computer themed wasp-os on PineTime
Hi,

Thought I would share a project I have been working on modifying the excellent wasp-os by Daniel Thompson but apologies if this is not appropriate for this forum.  I have given the watch a theme loosely based on a Star Trek computer theme.

I now have the received notifications displayed on the main screen, weather being received from my phone via the modified Gadgetbridge app and a daily step counter.

Weather just shows temperature at present, icons to create and add.

Notifications show a coloured square on the 'Alerts' line for the source a notification has been received from, blue text message, green WhatsApp, magenta Viber, red K-9 Email and grey for all others.  The body text of the last received notification is displayed on the line below, scrolling across if necessary.  When any notification is cleared from the connected phone all notification indicators on the PineTime are cleared.

The 3 bars below the date from left to right are indicators of seconds, minutes and hours of the current time.

The blue square to the left of the time/date area indicates Bluetooth is connected, going grey when connection is lost.

Green bars towards the top right indicate battery level, with colour changes when levels get really low and animated charging indicator.

Very good Lieutenant Commander graynada!
Awesome idea!
(09-05-2020, 07:48 AM)tomthetaffer Wrote: Very good Lieutenant Commander graynada!
Awesome idea!

Thanks
Congrats! Very nice! [emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
A very cool approach to displaying multiple notifications at the same time.
Yep it's so tidy and Mondrian [emoji3] Very good use of space https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piet_Mondrian

Thanks everyone for the very supportive comments.

Quote:Posted by lupyuen - 5 hours ago
Yep it's so tidy and Mondrian [Image: emoji3.png] Very good use of space https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piet_Mondrian

Round watch faces and square screens make wasteful and often untidy bed fellows so I tried to think inside the box for a change Smile
(09-06-2020, 12:13 AM)graynada Wrote: Thanks everyone for the very supportive comments.

Quote:Posted by lupyuen - 5 hours ago
Yep it's so tidy and Mondrian [Image: emoji3.png] Very good use of space https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piet_Mondrian

Round watch faces and square screens make wasteful and often untidy bed fellows so I tried to think inside the box for a change Smile

Did you ever post this wasp implementation code anywhere? There some stuff I'd like to learn from it. Like specifically I'm interested how you got the gadgetbridge notifications working so well.
(10-18-2020, 09:22 PM)JMaier Wrote: Did you ever post this wasp implementation code anywhere? There some stuff I'd like to learn from it. Like specifically I'm interested how you got the gadgetbridge notifications working so well.

I'm not sure about the Star Trek mods by the main wasp-os sources are found here. Perhaps also of interest is the (fairly extensive) documentation and a modified version of gadgetbridge.
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
(10-19-2020, 02:38 AM)danielt Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 09:22 PM)JMaier Wrote: Did you ever post this wasp implementation code anywhere? There some stuff I'd like to learn from it. Like specifically I'm interested how you got the gadgetbridge notifications working so well.

I'm not sure about the Star Trek mods by the main wasp-os sources are found here. Perhaps also of interest is the (fairly extensive) documentation and a modified version of gadgetbridge.

Thanks for the response. I've done some minor visual modifications to the main wasp-os sources. I've also seen the documentation and have downloaded the modified version of gadgetbridge. I've successfully connected gadgetbridge to a Pinetime running wasp. However, now I want to implement gadgetbridge message interpretations to the clock app similarly to the star trek implementation but I'm not entirely sure how to go about doing so.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Develop a new firmware for PineTime belushi 2 1,282 09-25-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: ccchan234
  Bluetooth BLE-MIDI-controller app for PineTime / InfiniTime Luno 0 498 08-20-2023, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Luno
  Zephyr Backlight Examples for PineTime lcj 0 691 05-06-2023, 02:54 PM
Last Post: lcj
  Zephyr is ready for pinetime jandy 1 2,074 05-06-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: lcj
  export accelerometer and ppg signals to computer yanei 0 619 02-22-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: yanei
  Send a message from Android to pinetime via BLE razrosman 0 905 11-05-2022, 08:24 AM
Last Post: razrosman
  PineTime Stuck in DFU Mode Eesha Barua 1 2,000 07-25-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: heyhewmike
  Idle tracking with PineTime: how versatile it is? schaman 1 1,610 07-13-2022, 12:50 AM
Last Post: wibble
  PineTime implemented with partial of pebble API jandy 0 1,535 03-20-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: jandy
  "Pine64 USB JTAG Adapter + OpenOCD + PineTime" should it work? ITCactus 4 3,871 03-02-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: wibble