Successful SIM Activation Story
Did you use the TracFone sim kit with 3 sim cards ?

Simple-Mobile is T-Mobile service, but Simple is owned by TracFone.

Both are the same $25 USD 30 days, unlimited Talk & Text  + some data.

However Simple Mobile starts with 3gb of high speed data, then reduces you to 2g speed

While straight TracFone is 2gb high speed data, then nothing until the next cycle.

I bought the TracFone/AT&T 2gb data unlimited talk & text on my first trip to the store.

But I still had another Pine phone needing a sim, so my second purchase was the Simple-Mobile.

I am testing phones,  May as well test the carriers also,  huh  ?

----------------------------

Cheap PrePaid I can drop the service at the end of any cycle.

Buying the prepay cards at the store, you can stay anonymous also !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(09-04-2020, 12:02 PM)ThrillGates Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 04:03 AM)bcnaz Wrote: The TracFone sim kit is a bargain,  3 sim cards for $1 USD,

^This is the way to do it. You can get an annual plan with a bank of minutes, text, and data for $50. I ended up paying $60 for a kit that includes this plan and a T-Mobile compatible SIM card, but checking each of the networks before attaching a plan seems like a wise thing to do.

A few other things if you go with Tracfone:
  1. I wouldn't bother with trying to activate online or using the old Android phone method. The specific customer service number I dialed is 800-378-9575 and was done in less than 5 minutes.
  2. I was unable to pick my phone number and didn't know what it was until Tracfone texted it to me after activation. The ZIP code you enter determines your area code, but that's about it.
  3. I activated wifi calling on Tracfone's website, but have not used it. You should get a text telling you how to do this once service is activated.
Nice info! Thanks. Where specifically did you find this annual plan for 50$. Was that a special offering offering?
(09-10-2020, 12:22 PM)flvtxfreak Wrote: Nice info! Thanks. Where specifically did you find this annual plan for 50$. Was that a special offering offering?

Tried to send you the link via private message but you have it disabled. Not sure if it's okay to post eBay links. So I won't. Go on eBay and search for "Tracfone annual". You'll see a few $50-60 kits with 3GB data and a year of service.
I have seen 'wifi calling' mentioned here and other places, but I have not seen any descriptions anywhere.

Perhaps when you have had a chance to check it out, and test it , you could share that with us ?

Years ago I used a Magic Jack, that was a internet phone, but it requires a paid subscription.

Curious since it is 'free', if you can receive calls as well as call out.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(09-10-2020, 03:40 PM)ThrillGates Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 12:22 PM)flvtxfreak Wrote: Nice info! Thanks. Where specifically did you find this annual plan for 50$. Was that a special offering offering?

Tried to send you the link via private message but you have it disabled. Not sure if it's okay to post eBay links. So I won't. Go on eBay and search for "Tracfone annual". You'll see a few $50-60 kits with 3GB data and a year of service.
Got it! Thx

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Situation With Setup and Carrier Activation With Tracfone Verizon T-Mobile pinephoneuser22 0 642 05-26-2023, 08:40 PM
Last Post: pinephoneuser22
  Google Fi Activation Without Google App Bonesdog 1 2,008 10-06-2021, 01:04 PM
Last Post: xorrito