Initial thoughts, PinePhone PostMarket edition.
How do you install Epiphany? I tried apk add epiphany but when I launched it I got all sorts of relocation and symbol not found errors.
I found it in the onboard software store,  under  Gnome web,  I did have to search several times before it did appear.
  Using GUI methodology.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
The PMOS Community Edition Convergence Package phone seems to sound better than my original Brave Heart, it definitely has more volume, I'm grateful for that.

I think PMOS developers only put in apps that actually work so it does have less on the desktop screen,   

>  Will your test sheets eventually reflect items such as the functioning Hot Spot ability ?

I am thinking of getting a Verizon (reseller) Prepaid sim card just for the times I am traveling in Northern Arizona, It seems Verizon has a

Manopoly on the Indian Reservations. So no other carrier works there. For full time use I do prefer a carrier that has both 3g and 4g.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(09-04-2020, 08:39 PM)Saliency Wrote: How do you install Epiphany? I tried apk add epiphany but when I launched it I got all sorts of relocation and symbol not found errors.
Doh, I think I meant "evolution".  Sorry.
(09-04-2020, 06:56 PM)vandys Wrote: No audio on phone calls.  Texting works.  I could git in an Access Point name, but not all the extra dope.  So suspect MMS won't work.  Texting did.

Vandys can you elaborate?  I have just got the 3GB version and i have terrible audio on calls.  Sounds like a blown or crushed speaker.  Is this "normal", or rather what you ment when you said no audio on calls?  Should I be looking at a software fix, or is this hardware?
(09-02-2020, 08:28 AM)plainenough Wrote: My thoughts from an out of the box testing experience.

postmarket/2020-09-02-Verizon.html

I am testing this on Verizon, so there is no 3G functionality available. This phone is not a daily driver out of the box as delivered.

Using a mouse on a smartphone is a little odd not going to lie. The monitor functionality didn't appear to work. Didn't test Ethernet.

Overall device looks good. Has been running for 22 hours and was still responsive and connected to internet.

OS feature seem a little slim.

22 hours ?
              Was that plugged in to the charger ?
  On my Convergent Pkg phone with factory PMOS,    unplugged and with the bluetooth and wifi
                      turned off, I left it sit for 12 hours, when I checked it,  it was off with 0% charge.
                           I have no idea how long it had been 'off'...
  On an identical phone sitting next to that one, but running Mobian Sept 05 nightly,   that phone
      was still at 30% charge.

--------------------------

Sunday or Monday my new PMOS phone lost all audio, speaker, microphone, ring-tone.
Found updates in the onboard Software store, downloaded them, rebooted and sound is working again....
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(09-07-2020, 05:53 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 08:28 AM)plainenough Wrote: My thoughts from an out of the box testing experience.

postmarket/2020-09-02-Verizon.html

I am testing this on Verizon, so there is no 3G functionality available. This phone is not a daily driver out of the box as delivered.

Using a mouse on a smartphone is a little odd not going to lie. The monitor functionality didn't appear to work. Didn't test Ethernet.

Overall device looks good. Has been running for 22 hours and was still responsive and connected to internet.

OS feature seem a little slim.

22 hours ?
              Was that plugged in to the charger ?
  On my Convergent Pkg phone with factory PMOS,    unplugged and with the bluetooth and wifi
                      turned off, I left it sit for 12 hours, when I checked it,  it was off with 0% charge.
                           I have no idea how long it had been 'off'...
  On an identical phone sitting next to that one, but running Mobian Sept 05 nightly,   that phone
      was still at 30% charge.

--------------------------

Sunday or Monday my new PMOS phone lost all audio, speaker, microphone, ring-tone.
Found updates in the onboard Software store, downloaded them, rebooted and sound is working again....

22 hours on a charger.
(09-06-2020, 09:19 PM)Xerxes 8933A/A Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 06:56 PM)vandys Wrote: No audio on phone calls.  Texting works.  I could git in an Access Point name, but not all the extra dope.  So suspect MMS won't work.  Texting did.

Vandys can you elaborate?  I have just got the 3GB version and i have terrible audio on calls.  Sounds like a blown or crushed speaker.  Is this "normal", or rather what you ment when you said no audio on calls?  Should I be looking at a software fix, or is this hardware?
I did calls, and simply didn't hear anything in either direction.  With early SW like this, I'd give 99% or more odds that the HW is OK and it's a SW problem.
(09-08-2020, 03:55 PM)vandys Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 09:19 PM)Xerxes 8933A/A Wrote:

I did calls, and simply didn't hear anything in either direction.  With early SW like this, I'd give 99% or more odds that the HW is OK and it's a SW problem.

Ahh...  OK  I mistook the product page saying calls working as in you could actually hear a call. LOL.

From the store page "core functionality of the PinePhone – such as telephone calls, SMS messages, LTE, GPS, GPU acceleration, etc. – is operational,"

Wikipedia page for postmarketos is a similar story for pinephone "calls operational"

So that's a little misleading at best.

Thanks for confirming that it didn't work for you either, makes me a bit hopeful that this phone can be at least fixed in time then, and that I don't have a faulty unit.

I guess the next stop is postmarketos development community and to start working on actually getting this phone to make calls.
@"Xerxes

My PMOS factory operating system WAS working decent

but then it broke (maybe it did 'auto update') ?

I did a manual update from the 'onboard software store', and it has usable audio again now.

>> One difference I have noticed when reading the many posts, every one of them mentions turning on the SSH & encryption... 
    I skipped that when I first started my phone and,  it "Just Worked"....

I figured for "Testing" the phone,  encryption was not necessary,

But now I wonder if that is what 'broke'  many of the phones.?

Just Wondering....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software app in postmarket gnome shell Uturn 1 592 09-06-2023, 05:27 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  [Not Pinephone] Phosh Autologin LienRag 11 1,990 09-01-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
  Issues after installing latest PostMarket OS with POSH xen314 4 1,348 08-20-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: xen314
  Pinephone 64 PostMarketOS edition Battery Issues, Not Hardware Issue X0X0X0X0X0 1 1,353 02-11-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: acid andy
  Postmarket os printer setup Chief 3 2,172 01-21-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: jojuma
  PostmarketOS v22.06 Plasma Mobile on PinePhone Pro & No MMS X0X0X0X0X0 1 1,384 11-07-2022, 10:34 PM
Last Post: X0X0X0X0X0
  PostmarketOS v22.06 Plasma Mobile on PinePhone Pro & WiFi Connect to SSID X0X0X0X0X0 1 1,145 11-06-2022, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Chief
  no screen rotation on pinephone pro with postmarketOS + phosh elode 2 2,661 07-03-2022, 09:13 AM
Last Post: a.h.littorin
  Pinephone Keyboard Utilities on postmarketOS elof 2 3,168 06-20-2022, 01:33 PM
Last Post: elof
  PinePhone, getting started totilele 1 1,476 06-15-2022, 01:56 AM
Last Post: wibble