USB-C Dongle and Branded Case backs
those of us who previously purchased the PinePhone have been waiting expectantly to be able to purchase the USB-C Dongle that shipped with the latest community edition.

in the latest blog, devs announced yet another community edition, but we are still unable to purchase the USB-C Dongle. as of today there is still no option on the Pine64 store. do we need to purchase an entirely new phone to be able to receive it?

further, a couple months ago we were told we would be able to purchase different branded phone backs. I would love to purchase the Manjaro edition back, as I'm using Manjaro on my Pinephone 24/7, but there's no option to independently purchase them at all.

I don't mind that only a month after receiving my device a twice as good device came out. That device (or what ever revision there is) will likely just be my next purchase in the future when I feel the itch to "upgrade" again. I can still enjoy my current device. what I do mind is that we were promised we wouldn't be forgotten, but it seems as though we are.
update: they have somewhat addressed this in their latest post:
https://www.pine64.org/2020/10/15/update...ober-gear/

in which, they state that will be able to purchase higher capacity mainboards rather than having to buy an entirely new unit. good news Smile

they also dropped this little tidbit:
"We also have a little token of appreciation in store for early adopters (Braveheart and UBports CE) owners who wish to upgrade their mainboards, but I won’t spoil the surprise in this post."

I can't wait Smile

also, the keyboard for the Pinephone looks slick as hell
I am not certain, BUT, I would guess you will need a PMOS or newer phone for the 'Dock' to be compatible 'out of the box',
OR the repair/upgrade to the Brave Heart or the UBPorts versions mainboards.

OR the replacement 1.2a mainboard.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
received my new 32G/3G mainboard and successfully replaced the old one. working as expected.

now we just need to option to independently purchase the convergence bar and branded case backs
I was surprised that the dock is not sold separately by Pine64, and don't know what the reason is. So during the weekend, I've bought different one and it happily works ^^. The advantage is also, that I could choose the design and what ports it provides.
I took a punt and placed an order for the pinebookpro dock. My guess is that the hardware mod on my braveheart should allow most of the ports to work.

https://pine64.com/product/pinebook-pro-...46c16e2e66
(11-30-2020, 12:43 PM)p1trson Wrote: I was surprised that the dock is not sold separately by Pine64, and don't know what the reason is. So during the weekend, I've bought different one and it happily works ^^. The advantage is also, that I could choose the design and what ports it provides.

The PinePhone docking deck have not post on Pine Store due to manufacturer fail to deliver on time. The delay cause by Realtek USB Ethernet chip shortage and just received on this week. Hopefully Pine Store will receive the docking deck on next week and post on Pine Store.
nice! I'd prefer to have the one from pine  Wink at least to support you guys, instead of buying it elsewhere. I'll order it as soon as it's there
Currently the Pine64 Store sells only the plain black rear cover.

The different stickers and decals can be found or special ordered from many different online suppliers.

Maybe some of the developers could offer stickers for their Distro's ?

I would definitely purchase some stickers, and I do plan on painting my rear covers.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
just ordered
https://pine64.com/product/pinephone-usb...1bb14c40b2
Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slip/Zippered Case for PP/KB? jakfish 0 164 03-03-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  keyboard case charging but not typing new2pinephone 18 5,207 02-19-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: theResonant
  Case for Pinephone totilele 12 6,517 11-04-2023, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Negome
  Getting all keys working on pine phone keyboard-case undata 5 2,305 10-08-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: mburns
  PinePhone Wallet Case Shane 5 4,807 09-17-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: J T
  pinephone keyboard case how to use the = f8 - etc tuxcall 3 1,653 05-02-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: undata
  Using Keyboard Case with Mobian (complete instructions) Megamemnon 4 4,763 03-22-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: vgnmnky
  Otterbox case for PinePhone car46999 5 3,020 11-18-2022, 09:08 PM
Last Post: car46999
  A Pinephone case that'll actually prevent the screen from cracking mil 24 15,963 11-18-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: mil
  Pinephone (Pro) Keyboard Case for sale manubert 0 891 09-17-2022, 11:51 AM
Last Post: manubert