Key to Success (Manaro ARM)
Oddly enough, this exact executable file I ran on the PinePhone works just fine on the PineBook Pro and it does not have all these glitches it does the PinePhone. Not sure why these devices aren't displaying it the same? My game is being rendered with OpenGL 1.1 and everything else I've tried reports unsupported GL version (also tried GL 3.3 GL ES 2, GL ES 3.3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4ClLbvBJqY

Any ideas why it works perfect on Manjaro ARM for the Pinebook Pro and not the PinePhone running the mobile version of the same OS?

You can download the game here (FOSS):

https://samuel-venable.itch.io/key-to-success

Made with ENIGMA - www.enigma-dev.org
There appears to be an enigma-dev issue with fullscreen on different window managers.

Don't have manjaro to test but a bodge install on mobian+lxde displays a couple black areas on the right and the sprite disappears intermittently.

.jpg   key2success-test.jpg (Size: 44.06 KB / Downloads: 341)
Hi nas,

Thank you for giving the game a try on your device. It appears it's working better for you than it was for me, although I didn't go past the title screen because I don't own a bluetooth keyboard atm.

I wonder if this is a bug with enigma. i did notice running from the terminal it mentioned there were still missing libraries, but it seemed to ignore that fact and run regardless, which is pretty odd for a linux app to do in most cases afaik.

Does anyone know what official graphics pipeline is supported by the PinePhone? My guess is I'm simply just not using a 100% compatible OpenGL version, although I don't know for certain. This game has been battle tested to work on a lot of different OS's and architectures, something really doesn't add up.
I guess the answer is opengl es 2.0

Code:
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 20.1.5
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 2.0 Mesa 20.1.5
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0.16
(09-01-2020, 05:30 PM)nas Wrote: I guess the answer is opengl es 2.0

Code:
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 20.1.5
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 2.0 Mesa 20.1.5
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0.16

Thank you! - how did you find that out? I've tried finding the glx version using the terminal and it didn't recognize any command I threw at it.
(09-06-2020, 03:25 PM)Samuel Venable Wrote: how did you find that out? I've tried finding the glx version using the terminal and it didn't recognize any command I threw at it.

You're probably missing the relevant package:

Code:
sudo apt install mesa-utils
/bin/glxinfo | grep "version"