OTA install instability
Im noticing more and more the OTA update process is causing issues. It was not this bad before. Now the phone will crash when attempting to update, then freeze upon reboot, sometimes requiring multiple reboots, sometimes getting stuck in boot loop. Sometimes it runs smooth but after it says the update still hasn't been installed, other times the phone crashes and never says its updating, but upon reboot has the latest build installed. Im getting nervous about using UB touch until we have a more stable version running closer to daily driver requirements. Ive said it is my favorite interface by far, but im getting nervous that this behaviour may damage my pinephone. Might be better off waiting on the sidelines with Mobian in the meantime.
Did you reduce DRAM clock speed with the uboot patch? Mine acts just like that each and every update until i set DRAM to 552. Then it stabilizes and boots and runs smoothly.
(08-28-2020, 10:35 AM)rocket2nfinity Wrote: Did you reduce DRAM clock speed with the uboot patch? Mine acts just like that each and every update until i set DRAM to 552. Then it stabilizes and boots and runs smoothly.
Nope. Thanks for the suggestion! Any resources on this?
I am basically just a GUI user.

At the beginning of this year when I first got my Brave Heart phone, UT was the BEST.

I had talk & text working using UT.

As they were doing nightly releases I would keep updating my sd cards.

But then the releases starting breaking stuff, the more tech guys would just add or change things using CLI.

and it continued working for many of them.

BUT eventually it just quit working 'for me' completely.

In June and July I did go back and re-download some releases that "had worked", when they were released.

and they no longer worked for me. 

Perhaps the Tech savvy can use UT,,, but as a GUI user I have given up on them.

UBPorts has been around for a lot of years, They probably have more 'developer years' with their staff + volunteers than most of the other distro's.
Surely  "They know"   what they are doing....
(08-28-2020, 10:41 PM)Cree Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 10:35 AM)rocket2nfinity Wrote: Did you reduce DRAM clock speed with the uboot patch? Mine acts just like that each and every update until i set DRAM to 552. Then it stabilizes and boots and runs smoothly.
Nope. Thanks for the suggestion! Any resources on this?
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=9832

(08-28-2020, 11:57 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I am basically just a GUI user.

At the beginning of this year when I first got my Brave Heart phone, UT was the BEST.

I had talk & text working using UT.

As they were doing nightly releases I would keep updating my sd cards.

But then the releases starting breaking stuff, the more tech guys would just add or change things using CLI.

and it continued working for many of them.

BUT eventually it just quit working 'for me' completely.

In June and July I did go back and re-download some releases that "had worked", when they were released.

and they no longer worked for me. 

Perhaps the Tech savvy can use UT,,, but as a GUI user I have given up on them.

UBPorts has been around for a lot of years, They probably have more 'developer years' with their staff + volunteers than most of the other distro's.
Surely  "They know"   what they are doing....
Most of that is fixed with the new dev build. I'd wait until it reaches stable. Until then, stick with Mobian.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone and PinePhone Pro 20.04 Focal Install and Update c3l@ 0 697 05-12-2023, 05:06 AM
Last Post: c3l@
  Signal Instability Momomentum 4 5,079 07-21-2020, 05:21 PM
Last Post: natasha
  [Solved] Increasing size of root partition (for apt install) Saliency 2 3,473 06-08-2020, 10:33 PM
Last Post: kugiigi
  How to install Ubuntu Touch over USB? PinePhoneCoder 0 2,641 02-14-2020, 05:14 AM
Last Post: PinePhoneCoder