Manual to Compile Android for PINE46
Yes, there is a symlink to ../src

It's seems to me, I fixed this problem. I removed SDK and unzipped it again using terminal (previous version I unzipped using RAR manager)
So, and now my firmware is compiling, about 20 minutes have passed and I haven't got errors.

So I have 2 more questions, is there any git repository where can I get last changes, cause I downloaded SDK from wiki.pine64.org as zip archive and there are some hidden folders (.repo in root folder and .git inside some folders), how can I sync it to get update?

And what is real correct codename of our chip tulip_t1 or tulip_p1, cause in the message above someone wrote tulip_p1, in the other thread someone wore tulip_t1

My Android device info showed:

Code:
Model number: Pine64
Processor type: QuadCore-A64
Android version: 5.1.1
Firmware version: v1.2.5

Kernel version:
peng@ChipHD #45
Fri Apr 29 16:58:39 CST 2016

Build number:
tulip_chiphd-eng 5.1.1 LVY48E 20160505 test-keys
(05-24-2016, 06:59 AM)IlyaM Wrote: Yes, there is a symlink to ../src

It's seems to me, I fixed this problem. I removed SDK and unzipped it again using terminal (previous version I unzipped using RAR manager)
So, and now my firmware is compiling, about 20 minutes have passed and I haven't got errors.

So I have 2 more questions, is there any git repository where can I get last changes, cause I downloaded SDK from wiki.pine64.org as zip archive and there are some hidden folders (.repo in root folder and .git inside some folders), how can I sync it to get update?

And what is real correct codename of our chip tulip_t1 or tulip_p1, cause in the message above someone wrote tulip_p1, in the other thread someone wore tulip_t1

My Android device info showed:

Code:
Model number: Pine64
Processor type: QuadCore-A64
Android version: 5.1.1
Firmware version: v1.2.5

Kernel version:
peng@ChipHD #45
Fri Apr 29 16:58:39 CST 2016

Build number:
tulip_chiphd-eng 5.1.1 LVY48E 20160505 test-keys

AFAIK there isn't any public repository available from where we can get updates.
As you can see in device/softwinner the name is tulip-p1.
And what is tulip_chiphd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(05-24-2016, 05:26 AM)NGC6691 Wrote: @lvcargnini: I suggest you to downgrade to java 7, Android 6 isn't ready yet to be compiled with java 8 by default.
AFAIK there isn't any official github tree.

I'm on a Mac OSX, in fact there is some changes to be made on Mac side, the most important one is adding teh following into your android_profile file for bash variables:
export ANDROID_JAVA_HOME=`/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java_home`
Of course there is a new error after this:
Starting build with ninja
ninja: Entering directory `.'
ninja: error: 'out/target/product/tulip-p1/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libMemAdapter_intermediates/export_includes', needed by 'out/target/product/tulip-p1/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/camera.tulip_intermediates/import_includes', missing and no known rule to make it
make: *** [ninja_wrapper] Error 1

What do I need to copy over form the A64**.zip file into the main AOSP repository ?
I'm trying to compile with the new code of Android., since the tools seem a bit more polished to work with.
(05-24-2016, 08:19 AM)IlyaM Wrote: And what is tulip_chiphd?

Don't know.

(05-24-2016, 11:39 AM)lvcargnini Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 05:26 AM)NGC6691 Wrote: @lvcargnini: I suggest you to downgrade to java 7, Android 6 isn't ready yet to be compiled with java 8 by default.

I'm on a Mac OSX, in fact there is some changes to be made on Mac side, the most important one is adding teh following into your android_profile file for bash variables:
export ANDROID_JAVA_HOME=`/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java_home`
ninja: error: 'out/target/product/tulip-p1/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libMemAdapter_intermediates/export_includes', needed by 'out/target/product/tulip-p1/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/camera.tulip_intermediates/import_includes', missing and no known rule to make it

What do I need to copy over form the A64**.zip file into the main AOSP repository ?
I'm trying to compile with the new code of Android., since the tools seem a bit more polished to work with.

You can't copy nothing.
I will try to explain as better as I can. (my english isn't so good)

The first BIG problem; The SDK it's a zip file and the zip does not store unix file permissions so we need to restore the execution bit to all *.sh, *.py, bash files with no .sh extension and all the 32 and 64 bit binary files after the unzip.

But that's not all, for unknow reason they (who?!) removed all the git repository of AOSP source code from all the projects, ~500 projects, so if you want to get newest build you must add back all the AOSP git by hand.

But that's not all, for unknow reason they (who?!) removed the whole git commit log from all the projects so we don't know what they have modified.

My point of view is that if a team member can provide us a proper SDK, ok, otherwise I think I will sell my PINE64 because it's pretty useless to work on it without a proper Android SDK.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that your problems are related with the execution bit of some files.
(05-27-2016, 11:17 AM)NGC6691 Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 08:19 AM)IlyaM Wrote: And what is tulip_chiphd?

Don't know.

(05-24-2016, 11:39 AM)lvcargnini Wrote:

You can't copy nothing.
I will try to explain as better as I can. (my english isn't so good)

The first BIG problem; The SDK it's a zip file and the zip does not store unix file permissions so we need to restore the execution bit to all *.sh, *.py, bash files with no .sh extension and all the 32 and 64 bit binary files after the unzip.

But that's not all, for unknow reason they (who?!) removed all the git repository of AOSP source code from all the projects, ~500 projects, so if you want to get newest build you must add back all the AOSP git by hand.

But that's not all, for unknow reason they (who?!) removed the whole git commit log from all the projects so we don't know what they have modified.

My point of view is that if a team member can provide us a proper SDK, ok, otherwise I think I will sell my PINE64 because it's pretty useless to work on it without a proper Android SDK.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that your problems are related with the execution bit of some files.
@NGC6691  So why don't we start the git tree in the best possible way for the  community  ?

Look there is this github.com/pine64 repository that is empty, we can push over there my AOSP tree, it seems to have some bug during final stages of compilation ( I closed all my stuff before finishing checking the messages). But I copied some devices files from the A64-*blah*.zip, over the master AOSP tree, and everything is fine the biggest annoyance is set the :
device/softwinner/tulip-common/BoardConfigCommon.mk 
or in the
device/softwinner/tulip-p1/BoardConfig.mk 

So I set in the tulip-p1 that is the variable BOARD_WIDEVINE_OEMCRYPTO_LEVEL in my initial test I set to 3, can be 1 or 3, since I didn't checked if it finished OK or in errors I have to re-run the compilation, luckily I have CCACHE in place, to speed-up stuff, if this works I'll have a compiled image of AOSP. 
Currently it is compiling my AOSP, with the necessary structure for tulip_p1 on latest master.
@lvcargnini: Allwinner must do it, not us.
Well, we don't know which AOSP projects they have modified and is near impossible to set up a github tree.
(05-28-2016, 02:43 AM)NGC6691 Wrote: @lvcargnini: Allwinner must do it, not us.
Well, we don't know which AOSP projects they have modified and is near impossible to set up a github tree.

Not sure whether this shell file help up. Disclaimer, I am not Android software engineer.

Attached Files
.txt   pine64_AOSP_autoscan.txt (Size: 8.49 KB / Downloads: 306)
(05-28-2016, 06:49 PM)tllim Wrote:

Not sure whether this shell file help up. Disclaimer, I am not Android software engineer.

It would be very useful if we could also have access to the repository inside the script  Big Grin 

Unfortunately it's a private git server by Allwinner where we can't connect.

Thanks anyway.

You have a point, the device company should provide the necessary tree to support their device.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android 6.0 Tablet and TV (release candidate, maintained) ayufan 228 386,968 12-29-2020, 01:13 AM
Last Post: firmwarefile
Shocked Remote for Android? liodra 18 29,591 12-23-2020, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Adding an accelerometer to Android modsbyus 11 16,756 11-02-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Little_Johnny
  Android Things OS dqvsra 2 6,968 12-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Last Post: hangglider
  Is there another link for Android images? Maalth 3 7,036 10-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Android SDK Oreo NGC6691 2 5,598 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Putting Android 9 RockPro64 source into easier to manage repositories dazza5000 0 3,334 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Android 5.1.1 TV (old-stable, no longer maintained) ayufan 194 257,076 03-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: neosapien
  Issues with SD Card and Running Android Twistedx 0 3,542 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Twistedx
  Android 7.1 (PINE A64(+)) pineadmin 59 104,874 02-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: mmmarcus