August/ September Pinebook Pro, PineTab and PinePhone shipping thread
(09-02-2020, 06:47 AM)LinPhoneDev Wrote: Shipping update from DHL:  HK to Australia

Quote:Further Detail
Further clearance processing is required.

Next Step
A DHL representative shall attempt to contact importer or shipper if any further information is required to complete the entry. Customer should contact DHL Customer Service if not reached by DHL

I will wait a day or two and see if I hear from DHL.

Hi. I have the exact message on my shipment. I use DHL every week for work and I've never seen it before.
Have you received your shipment yet, and was there any issues?
Thanks
(09-18-2020, 03:36 PM)plarkinjr Wrote: Hello, I placed an order and have not seen it nor had any further correspondence since paypal receipt.

Paypal, August 15, 8:45pm US Central time
You sent a payment of $194.99 USD to Syabas Technology Hong Kong, Limited and saved $20.00 USD off your $214.99 USD purchase.

The $20 "discount" was for signing up for PayPal credit.

PinePhone Postmarket OS Convergence.

Destination Texas USA 75754

Please advise.  Thanks!

Having seen no useful reply in this thread, I reached out to Sales@Pine64.com.    According to them:    Order 147053 was dispatched on Aug 31, 2020.

According to tracking details, my PinePhone is 100 miles away and awaiting USPS pickup since September 5th.  
Sales@Pine64.com has not responded to further inquiries.

How does Pine64 intend to remedy this situation?

Package status: In transit
Destination:
Origin:
2020-09-05 17:48, {redacted}, Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item -> A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 5:48 pm on September 5, 2020 in GRAND PRAIRIE, TX 75050. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
@plarkinjr
  It appears you used the "alternate shipping", not the DHL shipping option.?

Sounds similar to when they shipped phones via 'Asendia' I was notified when phone left Hong Kong,
then silence for almost 2 months to Sweden,
    ... and 2 and a half weeks in New York Customs, + 3 days USPS to Arizona.

My most recent phone : I was notified by DHL in Hong Kong, then because of crossing time zones it
appeared hours later in Los Angeles, California.
2 days in customs, then 1 day to my door in Arizona.

------------
----------------
Once they give the package to the shipper, it is out of their control.
(09-23-2020, 02:44 PM)bcnaz Wrote: @plarkinjr

Sounds similar to when they shipped phones via 'Asendia' I was notified when phone left Hong Kong,

My most recent phone : I was notified by DHL in Hong Kong, then because of crossing time zones it

------------
----------------

To be honest, it was so long ago I don't recall if it was DHL or what.   It doesn't say on the PayPal receipt   (only that it was $15.00 S&H).   To make matters worse, the store is currently down so I can't retrace my steps.   I've not recieved any notification that it left anywhere.... only that Sales, when asked, says it left somewhere on 8/31, and handoff to United States Postal Service should have happened about a week later.

Pinebook Pro ordered back in January arrived in a DHL bag, delivered by US Postal Service delivery person within days of shipment.

My first/minimum payment on PayPal Credit for this PinePhone is due in a matter of days, and while I want to be flexible and supportive, I guess I should file a dispute before that minimum payment is made.   If I order another PinePhone, the $20 incentive from PayPal is lost (not much, I know, but more than covers shipping).
First order, first post!

I ordered my Pine Phone on August 31st. I was notified that is shipped from Hong Kong September 23rd which is today. It was handed over to airline. That rules out a slow boat from China! And if I understand this whole concept of time zones, that means that it was actually shipped yesterday because it's tomorrow in Honk Kong. So calculating the whole space time continuum from Einstein's theory it should arrive when it gets here but it will be listed as arriving the day after I get it because it will be tomorrow in Hong Kong. I hope that clears up someone's question about shipping times and order times that was requested somewhere amongst the responses to this post. Big Grin
(09-23-2020, 04:42 PM)so to follow up....  Received email back from Sales@Pine64 saying my pinephone was delivered to my mailbox on Thursday, so I went and checked and it was there  (mailbox is some distance from the house and we don\t check it daily).    In any case, it's here despite whatever caused the 3-week delay in Texas (the "From" address is in California).plarkinjr Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 02:44 PM)bcnaz Wrote: @plarkinjr

------------
----------------

To be honest, it was so long ago I don't recall if it was DHL or what.   It doesn't say on the PayPal receipt   (only that it was $15.00 S&H).   To make matters worse, the store is currently down so I can't retrace my steps.   I've not recieved any notification that it left anywhere.... only that Sales, when asked, says it left somewhere on 8/31, and handoff to United States Postal Service should have happened about a week later.

Pinebook Pro ordered back in January arrived in a DHL bag, delivered by US Postal Service delivery person within days of shipment.

My first/minimum payment on PayPal Credit for this PinePhone is due in a matter of days, and while I want to be flexible and supportive, I guess I should file a dispute before that minimum payment is made.   If I order another PinePhone, the $20 incentive from PayPal is lost (not much, I know, but more than covers shipping).
(09-23-2020, 11:16 PM)OLOV Wrote: First order, first post!

I ordered my Pine Phone on August 31st. I was notified that is shipped from Hong Kong September 23rd which is today. It was handed over to airline. That rules out a slow boat from China! And if I understand this whole concept of time zones, that means that it was actually shipped yesterday because it's tomorrow in Honk Kong. So calculating the whole space time continuum from Einstein's theory it should arrive when it gets here but it will be listed as arriving the day after I get it because it will be tomorrow in Hong Kong. I hope that clears up someone's question about shipping times and order times that was requested somewhere amongst the responses to this post. Big Grin

@OLOV have you had any further progress with your shipping?

I ordered a PineTab which is shipping via 4PX. The tracking said it was "Handed over to airline" on 9/26, and there have been no further updates. I'm trying to get a sense of what the next update would be and how long this should take, because I'm starting to worry. Undecided
(09-21-2020, 10:22 AM)mjmrotek Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 09:32 AM)mjmrotek Wrote: When did you place order?
- 12 August 2020

Which product did you order ?
- Pinebook Pro ANSI

Which country do you live ?
- Poland

Which shipment method did you use ?
- DHL

When did you get the mail/sms of the shipment notice?
- 26 August 2020

Since I received the email nothing has changed on the DHL tracking site, it says:

Shipment information received
HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA
10:58 August 17, 2020

Nothing has changed since then, it's still "Shipping information received". I have contacted DHL and they replied that they didn't get the package, and I should contact the sender.

I've contacted sales@pine, and it turns out that the Hong Kong people didn't give the package to DHL. The order was cancelled, and I'm to receive my money back after some Chinese holiday ends at 9 Oct. I was instructed to make a new order ASAP before the pinebooks run out. After some consideration, I decided not to. The end.
(10-02-2020, 01:09 PM)zounds Wrote: I ordered a PineTab which is shipping via 4PX. The tracking said it was "Handed over to airline" on 9/26, and there have been no further updates. I'm trying to get a sense of what the next update would be and how long this should take, because I'm starting to worry. Undecided

My PineTab, shipping via 4PX to the US, is in the same state as yours, "HKG / Hand over to airline" in Hong Kong on 9/26, 8 days ago, with no further updates since then.
(10-04-2020, 12:40 PM)fjord Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 01:09 PM)zounds Wrote: I ordered a PineTab which is shipping via 4PX. The tracking said it was "Handed over to airline" on 9/26, and there have been no further updates. I'm trying to get a sense of what the next update would be and how long this should take, because I'm starting to worry. Undecided

My PineTab, shipping via 4PX to the US, is in the same state as yours, "HKG / Hand over to airline" in Hong Kong on 9/26, 8 days ago, with no further updates since then.

Huh, and now today the tracking site shows 2 new entries dated September 27. Now the package is (or was on the 27th) "ORD / Arrival of goods at destination airport". ORD apparently being the Chicago O'Hare airport, which is not at all where I am, but at least it's in the U.S.A. now? And has been for 8 days?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab-V and PineTab 2 Launch - here's what you need to know Luke 8 2,875 07-28-2023, 09:20 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,309 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,686 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,163 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,691 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,187 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,823 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,811 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,004 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,646 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM