No calls
Wondering,
is anyone else having issues with calls not coming through on Ubuntu touch?
Was out and about a few weeks ago with my PinePhone and had messages online later that day that several people had been trying to reach me, yet no notification what so ever on the PinePhone about it. Earlier that day, I was making calls with the phone so I was just assuming this was working properly. Am I correct to assume this is an issue with software?
I've looked every second day or so for updates to Ubuntu touch through "updates" under settings, but no system updates available.

I tried PostmarketOS just when I got the phone, but was unable to make calls in or out. Not really sure why. Are both distros having issues with calls?
(08-20-2020, 04:24 PM)GloriousCoffee Wrote: Wondering,
Was out and about a few weeks ago with my PinePhone and had messages online later that day that several people had been trying to reach me, yet no notification what so ever on the PinePhone about it. Earlier that day, I was making calls with the phone so I was just assuming this was working properly. Am I correct to assume this is an issue with software?
I've looked every second day or so for updates to Ubuntu touch through "updates" under settings, but no system updates available.

I tried PostmarketOS just when I got the phone, but was unable to make calls in or out. Not really sure why. Are both distros having issues with calls?
We had functioning calls here for over a month. I heard the last couple builds may have broke something so im sitting out until word comes out of a new build that fixes what they broke.
(08-21-2020, 01:19 AM)Cree Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 04:24 PM)GloriousCoffee Wrote: Wondering,

We had functioning calls here for over a month. I heard the last couple builds may have broke something so im sitting out until word comes out of a new build that fixes what they broke.

Okay, I see..
How often are new builds released? Since I've gotten my PinePhone, I've not seen any updates to Ubuntu in their updater.
(08-21-2020, 03:04 AM)GloriousCoffee Wrote: How often are new builds released? Since I've gotten my PinePhone, I've not seen any updates to Ubuntu in their updater.

Some times a couple of times a day, you need to switch from stable channel to development one... Settings -> Updates -> Update Settings -> Channel
@plainenough tests the different builds in this thread: https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=125
Just watch for the newest build and you´ll see if it´s working. The last one seems to be a lot better than previous ones.
As I was looking through my settings, there were just a new update for Ubuntu (version 5).
Looking through the channel settings, I see three different "Development". How do I know which one is which, if there is any difference?
(08-21-2020, 03:57 AM)GloriousCoffee Wrote: As I was looking through my settings, there were just a new update for Ubuntu (version 5).
Looking through the channel settings, I see three different "Development". How do I know which one is which, if there is any difference?

I'm not sure which I selected, but it updated to v4, and when I went to select the dev channel again there was only one choice left.
Calls are working for me on the dev build #159.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Audio in Calls no longer functioning KNERD 4 2,082 11-16-2022, 07:04 PM
Last Post: KNERD
  Making phone calls PinePhoneCoder 7 10,123 03-23-2021, 06:33 AM
Last Post: israel
  Problems with Phone Calls TitanToast 0 2,044 06-25-2020, 11:31 AM
Last Post: TitanToast
  Backing up phone calls and SMS? Zweitaktmotor 0 1,956 06-21-2020, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Zweitaktmotor