Dekko on UBPorts PinePhone usable?
Hi all 

I haven't seen anything else about a proper email client for this device. Dekko is able to sign in to an account and get email. but it's far from a full functioning mail client. I can't compose or reply to messages without having to switch to multi task view and have the card "refresh" the data on screen. Does everyone have the same experience with this app?

Does anyone have any other suggestions on a better client aside from web mail on a browser?

Thanks in advance
(08-17-2020, 07:35 AM)djvinniev77 Wrote: Hi all 

I haven't seen anything else about a proper email client for this device. Dekko is able to sign in to an account and get email. but it's far from a full functioning mail client. I can't compose or reply to messages without having to switch to multi task view and have the card "refresh" the data on screen. Does everyone have the same experience with this app?

Does anyone have any other suggestions on a better client aside from web mail on a browser?

Thanks in advance

Yes, Dekko is extremely buggy and can only be used for receiving mail. And also this is far from stable. And there is no really alternative. The - until now - only usable mail client on the PP is gnome-mobile. But I have no idea if the app is installable from anywhere and how zo fulfill all its depencies ???
I dont see why we shouldnt be able to use thunderbird. Havent done it myself yet but will probably be the first thing i try. Id assume we can install directly through terminal. Window sizing may need to be modified to be responsive. I cant guarantee this would work but i see no reason it wouldnt. Any other thoughts?
You can't install packages througth terminal, the filesystem is read only and using apt is not supported, you only can install apps from the openstore
(08-17-2020, 11:47 AM)paju1986 Wrote: You can't install packages througth terminal, the filesystem is read only and using apt is not supported, you only can install apps from the openstore
I tried thunderbird and evolution on another pinephone with phosh:

Completely unusable . Most buttons outside of the screen und the fonts are so small that You cannot read them without an looking glass.

The only usable mail client so far I have seen was Geary-mobile on Manjaro

A lot of webapps on UT have also fonts and clickable elemenst so small, You can only use them with a toothpike and read them with a microsocope. Here Dekko is designed wonderful usable. But buggy like hell. Also phone reboots can be caused by Dekko
Please lets get evolution-ews for PP
pleeeeeease
(08-17-2020, 12:42 PM)natasha Wrote: Please lets get evolution-ews for PP
pleeeeeease

BUT as an fully size-resolution-readable mobile app and not only a port.
I used the terminal to install Thunderbird , but it crashes when opened. It’s a neck breaker for me to have no working email client .
I’ve been using Ubuntu and Debian for years and would live to have a working email client Sad .... hope dies last Smile
Geary works but I have no idea whether this is also the case under Ubports
Geary doesn’t run either Sad it’s missing libGl1.so . Installing libgl1-Mesa-lib didn’t fix the problem either ....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ADB support on Pinephone Sumwun 3 681 09-27-2023, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Sumwun
  Ubuntu Touch vs Standard Pinephone OS MarsColonist 8 5,426 06-26-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  PinePhone and PinePhone Pro 20.04 Focal Install and Update c3l@ 0 655 05-12-2023, 05:06 AM
Last Post: c3l@
  Reinstall Ubuntu Touch on PinePhone with 10 drives? Peter Gamma 4 2,676 05-24-2022, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Dekko 2 forces reboot Fred Zyphal 7 5,498 03-03-2022, 02:46 AM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal
  PinePhone UBPorts Edition stuck on PINE64 logo screen Giovanni Iannotti 4 4,723 09-01-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Giovanni Iannotti
  Images won't boot past pinephone logo remington_luger 9 9,297 08-22-2021, 09:56 AM
Last Post: remington_luger
  GhostCloud workaround for PinePhone mark1250 1 3,089 08-12-2021, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  online accounts in UBports Uturn 2 4,083 03-30-2021, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  UBPorts Not Working Pinoideae 7 9,344 03-13-2021, 01:51 PM
Last Post: KNERD