Interested in learning OS-level programming
You can do quite a lot in the shell. Which is quite arcane, but I am glad I learned it. Comes in handy all the time. Woolidge FAQ (which is linked from #bash MoTD on libera.chat) is a very good resource here.

Personally I read 'system level OS programming' to mean something like writing kernel drivers in C. In which case there is a famous book about that. But maybe that's not what you mean.

We are lucky in that there are tons of resources available nowadays with the Internet. But you can still learn a lot studying man and Gnu Info pages. The path to true wizardry lie through spending many hours reading such tomes of ancient wisdom.

If you can expand on your interests, maybe some more specific resources can be suggested.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interested in learning OS-level programming - by TRS-80 - 04-30-2022, 05:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Wrong Battery Charge Level Displayed - How to Fix acid andy 7 5,445 06-12-2023, 01:04 PM
Last Post: jakfish