Collaboration from Allwinner
(03-08-2016, 03:11 PM)umiddelb Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 09:14 AM)jaysonraymond Wrote: As a software developer, I -absolutely- care about the seriousness with which Pine approaches getting the modifications required into the Linux mainline. My HardKernel Odroid-c1 lays in the drawer because I can't get a new enough version of the Kernel to do what I need.
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=19292

Hello Uli and jaysonraymond. This is a very good guidance.
Thank you very much Uli, for all your hard work for the community. I look forward to dusting off that older device and following your guidance while I await my Pine64.
I think this post can really be improved.
No one knows what is the status of this, and (for me at least) is really important.
Maybe editing the first post with some clear information?
Something like this:
- Waiting on response by the Allwinner team
- Meeting with them on day (X)
- Follow up on (the day after)
- You can follow progress on (link to GitHub)

Something clear.
This thread was started 4 months ago.
There should be somthing concrete by now.
(i don't mean work, just info)
I'm also curious about regular updates. Right now the board runs an outdated version of Android, but doesn't really offer much in the way of any version of linux with accelerated graphics, as far as I'm aware.

Allwinner should understand that the more they share, the better off they are. The open-source community wants to help, and building goodwill with the open-source community will help them sell more product long-term.
(03-28-2016, 07:59 PM)minutesgrep Wrote: I'm also curious about regular updates. Right now the board runs an outdated version of Android, but doesn't really offer much in the way of any version of linux with accelerated graphics, as far as I'm aware.

Allwinner should understand that the more they share, the better off they are. The open-source community wants to help, and building goodwill with the open-source community will help them sell more product long-term.

Few new Android builds have been generated by engineering team, I tested them everyday and still not yet satisfy for release. Originally plan to release one build on this week and still keep my finger cross.

Agreed that Allwinner should building up the goodwill with open source community, this is good for them to sell more chip. However, they have "cautiously" dealing with open source community but not in fully embrace mood that I hope for. There are few progress but no major one. I will still plan to meet up with them on mid April when i travel to China.
u-boot boot0 sources, soc mac (eth) and usb would be greatful from allwinner. Those three items would help greatly in mainline efforts. Next week we will know if mali can be mainlined according to the following:

http://openiotelc2016.sched.org/event/6D...-electrons
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
What news of the openiotelc2016 lenny.raposo?
Have to talk to mripard regarding it, but I am working on the 2d/3d acceleration for the Pine64. I will have things posted here wiki and on my tutorials site for the community http://www.pine64.pro Wink

Also check the Linux 3.10.65 BSP Kernel Build Bug Reports and Debian Jessie Images (3.10.65 BSP) threads under the Debian Forum for future updates.
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
nice!
Any news? It seems most people have received it will in the next couple weeks their Pine but we still have no mainline kernel?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allwinner DE2.0 User Manual xalius 3 7,518 09-20-2016, 01:05 AM
Last Post: tllim
Shocked Back Door found in Allwinner Kernels BuildTheRobots 3 10,577 05-14-2016, 04:04 AM
Last Post: nomadewolf
  Encoder for Allwinner H3 based SOCs (alpha state) taros 0 3,463 03-16-2016, 12:20 PM
Last Post: taros
  Allwinner Mali Information? KPhillisJr 2 6,492 01-14-2016, 03:05 AM
Last Post: taros