PMOS Installer Images
Forgive me if this is a dumb question :

I would like to flash PMOS to an sd card for a test drive However the downloads say "Installer image"
  (The notes say the installer will automatically adjust the install to my eMMC size.)

Can I flash this to my sd card and run the image from the sd card for a test drive Without installing it to my eMMC  ?

Thanks
(08-08-2020, 09:30 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Forgive me if this is a dumb question :

I would like to flash PMOS to an sd card for a test drive However the downloads say "Installer image"
  (The notes say the installer will automatically adjust the install to my eMMC size.)

Can I flash this to my sd card and run the image from the sd card for a test drive Without installing it to my eMMC  ?

Thanks
Hi, yes, you can. Just did that. Copy installer to microSD (I used dd), then start, it will install itself on the SD card.
(08-08-2020, 09:30 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Forgive me if this is a dumb question :

Thanks
Yes. Wherever you flash the installer image is where it builds the image. Flash it to SD, it will build it on the SD.
So I can run the PMOS from the SD card, without it installing to my eMMC ?

When I read the notes at the bottom of the download page,
it sounded like it would "automatically install to eMMC".

I thought I should ask first....

I only want to do a "test drive" before I actually install any OS.
(08-09-2020, 03:03 PM)bcnaz Wrote: So I can run the PMOS from the SD card,  without it installing to my eMMC  ?

When I read the notes at the bottom of the download page,
it sounded like it would "automatically install to eMMC".

I thought I should ask first....

I only want to do a "test drive"  before I actually install any OS.
yes. If you copy it to SD, it will install to SD when you turn the phone on. It doesn't say that clearly, especially while doing it.
I am still using and testing my early Brave Heart phone, I have full phone function both directions and texting that on occasion does fail but then works with an update or a new release.
To be expected at this time, over-all I am fairly happy with it.
There are some more tech inclined persons that have managed to brick their newer phones.

So I may appear overly cautious sometimes, but as I said, my ole Brave Heart is still operating.

I am not smarter, I just try to ask my questions before I mess up, rather than how to fix it after.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, BC
Measure twice, cut once as they say in carpentry... caution is good.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Firefox Crashes on Start-up (latest installer) & How do I change Default Browser? aLoop100o 1 427 11-22-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Fresh install pmos+phosh does not boot user641 1 491 10-08-2023, 04:04 AM
Last Post: user641
  Boots To Shell After Dead Battery (PMOS) britelite 0 716 02-17-2023, 02:41 PM
Last Post: britelite
  No Application Data PMOS 21.12.1 Captain1ndustry 4 3,872 08-12-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Gon
  pmos/phosh edge update and audio disappears robthebold 9 5,536 07-10-2022, 03:26 AM
Last Post: arkadione
  Application list PMOS-Phosh jmorris 6 6,145 12-04-2021, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Juergen
  PMOS test image: failed EG25 test broke modem fw MtnSk8 4 5,704 02-28-2021, 02:20 PM
Last Post: MtnSk8
Wink Extremely fast pmOS build for the pinephone lucasanss 0 2,899 02-03-2021, 04:05 PM
Last Post: lucasanss
  Wifi and bluetooth disabled after upgrading to PMOS kernel 5.9.1 aithal 0 2,069 11-09-2020, 01:17 AM
Last Post: aithal
  PMOS Software : Comments bcnaz 3 4,296 09-15-2020, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Hobbes42