- SMS
- Mobile Data
- GPS
- Camera
- DeepSleep

On my pinephone since yesterday. Runs stable and fast

Testing it now for a daily usage
Thanks for the heads up and feedback! Smile
camera hasn't been working on ArchARM for a couple weeks now. glad it's working on Manjaro. may need to switch the eMMC over to Manjaro
Everything works great for me, except for the power consumption. It still runs too warm. Does it have power management enabled?

Amazing work from the Manjaro team!
So, does anyone know what blinking red led means while nothing is responding? Is it some kind of new crash warning?

It did it one time while the system froze up and the next time the system froze up, it didn't do it. I know my system freezes a lot due to the high memory clocks being pushed with uboot, but I've never gotten a blinking led light with it before, and rarely does the screen stay on and not turn off with the power button or shut itself off in the freeze.
(08-10-2020, 11:42 AM)Engineer Wrote: Everything works great for me, except for the power consumption. It still runs too warm. Does it have power management enabled?

Amazing work from the Manjaro team!

If power cord is attached Manjaro does not send the phone to deep sleep. You can adjust this in settings/energy/automatically go.......

There select on both selections "5 minutes"

And the power consumption is very good on Manjaro
aw man, I finally have the time to flash it and the forum is down. does anyone have the direct link?
(08-15-2020, 10:13 AM)hiimtye Wrote: aw man, I finally have the time to flash it and the forum is down. does anyone have the direct link?
https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-arm/st...pinephone/
thanks so much! I can't wait to have a working camera!

edit: flashed and it seems much more responsive and feature complete than ArchARM.
it does suffer from the same problem that ArchARM does where you have to go into sound and then toggle from internal speakers to internal earpiece and vice versa to get sounds to work

edit2: does anyone know how to set the scaling of the keyboard? I use a script to manually set the scaling after an update to phoc:
sudo sed -i "s|scale = 2|scale = 1.4|g" /usr/share/phosh/phoc.ini
but I have boxing glove hands, so it makes using the keyboard difficult. glad to see that the wallpaper scaling is fixed, though.
where does gnome-camera save images? I took a couple of pictures and I can't locate any of them. even using a one liner to find images:
locate --regex 'png|jpg|jpeg' | grep -viE 'icon|book|help|pixmaps|wallpapers|man|bin|include|lib|info|zenity|doc'

inb4 did you updatedb, yes. I did.

ok, so I looked at the source for the camera app and found this line:
Environment.set_variable("GST_DEBUG_DUMP_DOT_DIR", Environment.get_user_special_dir(DESKTOP), true);
and realized that it's trying to use the xdg-dirs which aren't set up by default so I installed the dirs package:

sudo pacman -S xdg-user-dirs

and ran the setup:

xdg-user-dirs-update

and it's saving to Pictures/ now

so the image quality greatly depends on what you're taking a picture of since there seems to be no autofocus. low quality pictures of my T collection for instance:
https://upload.picpaste.me/image/kmpCP

not bad quality pictures of my back yard:
https://upload.picpaste.me/image/kmBeB
https://upload.picpaste.me/image/kmDMo
but at least we can take pictures now!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro: Settings doesnt open nbh 0 500 09-24-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: nbh
  Can't get ring on Manjaro Pine Phone thorensjubilee 12 3,073 06-09-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Is Manjaro ARM a Rolling Release? jojuma 4 1,426 05-10-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Where Does Manjaro Phosh Store Its Custom Keystrokes? jakfish 0 720 04-25-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jakfish
Exclamation My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile anonymous 10 4,366 03-02-2023, 07:25 PM
  Backup and Home Screen Tinkering on Phosh jakfish 0 809 02-24-2023, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  Can't install Manjaro thorensjubilee 1 957 02-09-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Manjaro plasma-mobile Beta 13 Uturn 13 4,572 01-25-2023, 04:15 PM
  Manjaro Plasma busted Chief 2 1,481 11-22-2022, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Chief
  MMS workaround for users with separate APN (works atleast on Manjaro Phosh) alaraajavamma 0 1,013 10-10-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma