Manjaro-Phosh-Alpha 2 available
playing audio seems to break bluetooth, causing it to disconnect my Samsung Buds+ wireless ear buds, including using the speaker test in the sound settings interface.
as usual, you need to manually choose to use the bluetooth audio as your audio output.

it did manage to play a Jupiter Broadcasting podcase (Linux Headlines), so it may be an audio codec issue.
Thanks! I already have done my search on the pictures. You can report this as an issue here for adding the dependencies for gnome camera ?

https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/i...h/-/issues

I think that the devs only from time to time have a look here
in GNOME the XDG directories are usually set up, so it's a one-off issue but I will make a report Smile
is anyone able to make mobile data work?
I enable mobile data (and data roaming as my carrier allows it), and choose an APN, but whenever I try to load a website (in this instance, Facebook), I get a DNS error.

I could probably install unbound or some other DNS cache, but this seems unnecessary as DNS should work
Problem is already reported from me to Manjaro. Seems that some providers work correctly, some not.

Gnome's modem manager seems to be very buggy ATM. The modem is capable of handling all correct. With UB-Touch on my phone no problem with this.

Manjaro with plasma-mobile also works correct on this issue
    Great !

There is Alpha 3  Phosh Available  September 06 release !

I will download now, I hope it has support for the 3g ram CE phone.

I just read in the wiki, If Manjaro is installed to the eMMC then phone will no longer

boot from the sd card  ?

Shouldn't that warrant a bit larger WARNING  ?
there was a rollback on the version of uboot that's available (my version exceeds the version available on the repos), so I would imagine that the issue is resolved, at least temporarily if there is a later released iso
Manjaro ARM Alpha4 with Phosh (PinePhone) released 2020/09/20. The features list ticks a lot of boxes and an N/A for currently broken. This could be good...

...core functions like phone, sound, SMS, wifi, browser, accounts etc working out the can. Phone sound quality is good enough. Camera does not seem to be playing nicely right now. Bit laggy sometimes between doing things. Lots to play with and test out. Running on the P64 CE 3GB edition. Boots from SD card.
Enough is plenty. Good enough will do.
(09-20-2020, 01:11 PM)alxtrnr Wrote: Manjaro ARM Alpha4 with Phosh (PinePhone) released 2020/09/20. The features list ticks a lot of boxes and an N/A for currently broken. This could be good...

...core functions like phone, sound, SMS, wifi, browser, accounts etc working out the can. Phone sound quality is good enough. Camera does not seem to be playing nicely right now. Bit laggy sometimes between doing things. Lots to play with and test out. Running on the P64 CE 3GB edition. Boots from SD card.

For me same problem as before:

If the phone is in sleep state an incoming call wakes up the phone. But it lasts 25-30 seconds, sometimes up t 1 minute to re-establish the carrier connection. In between all callers have given up.
ATM for me NO !!!!!!! phosh build on any platform solves this issue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro: Settings doesnt open nbh 0 498 09-24-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: nbh
  Can't get ring on Manjaro Pine Phone thorensjubilee 12 3,066 06-09-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Is Manjaro ARM a Rolling Release? jojuma 4 1,422 05-10-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Where Does Manjaro Phosh Store Its Custom Keystrokes? jakfish 0 717 04-25-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jakfish
Exclamation My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile anonymous 10 4,355 03-02-2023, 07:25 PM
  Backup and Home Screen Tinkering on Phosh jakfish 0 809 02-24-2023, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  Can't install Manjaro thorensjubilee 1 957 02-09-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Manjaro plasma-mobile Beta 13 Uturn 13 4,559 01-25-2023, 04:15 PM
  Manjaro Plasma busted Chief 2 1,479 11-22-2022, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Chief
  MMS workaround for users with separate APN (works atleast on Manjaro Phosh) alaraajavamma 0 1,010 10-10-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma