Ascendia Post halted service
(08-07-2020, 05:20 PM)tllim Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 10:57 AM)Beattie Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 10:13 AM)tllim Wrote: Regarding the Pinetab shipping, when the promotion starts, Pine Store assumes Asendia able to resume operation but until now we knows their operation still halt. There are few PineTab shipping cases that new shipping company (4px) not able reach using normal shipping and logistic team send out email to advise for upgrade to DHL.
When I placed my order I intended to select DHL but that selection got lost. When I enquired about changing shipping the only solution offered was to cancel and reorder unfortunately the PineTab preorder was sold out. Is it possible (especially with the political situation at USPS) to change my shipping selection?

Please immediately contact sales@pine64.org. They are in the in middle of preparing shipping arrangement.

I tried again to get sales@pine64.org to change my shipping to DHL without success.   The reply I got from them is pasted below.    It sounds like I'm out of luck.    I'll just have to be patient I guess.   I worry, however about reliability of shipping, and was always more than willing to pay the extra fee for DHL, I just made an error when I originally submitted the order..

PineTab already is in shipping process and we are unable to make change. Standard Shipping lead time about 2-4 weeks.

https://www.pine64.org/shipping/

PINETAB AND PINETAB With Detached Backlit Keyboard – Shipment date will be started on August 17th 2020 – Ships from Hong Kong . (Note. Shipment are in the process. No changes in the shipping information, such as shipping address, contact numbers, items and etc.)

Thank you!

Regards,
Pine64 team
I received a similar e-mail. My email stated that the 4PX does not ship to Alaska - at all.

At the time I ordered, there was not an option to ship DHL in the store front.

I have sent a response to sales@pine64.org (I did not reply directly to the email, but opened a new clean email without the metadata trail.)

I have not yet received a reply.

Why am I just now learning that there is no service to Alaska?
The delay in learning about this may not be due to Pine learning about it when they began the process of shipping. It would certainly explain the emails that went out and the expressed timeline.

It might be worth making your reply to the original email. Although, by now, you may have missed the window of opportunity to fix shipping and retain your order.
(08-10-2020, 03:12 PM)Paraplegic Racehorse Wrote: I received a similar e-mail. My email stated that the 4PX does not ship to Alaska - at all.

At the time I ordered, there was not an option to ship DHL in the store front.

I have sent a response to sales@pine64.org (I did not reply directly to the email, but opened a new clean email without the metadata trail.)

I have not yet received a reply.

Why am I just now learning that there is no service to Alaska?
I am sorry to hear about that, and surprised that DHL wasn't an option. I ordered shortly after the PineTab orders opened, and had both standard and DHL options for Canada-there was only 2 dollars difference. I had already read the shipping drama about the standard shipping, so I knew to avoid it. Pine64 needs to work on logistics and communications with customers to avoid furture drama in the future.
The Pine64 staff will be happy to know that I did finally receive a reply - in the form of a PayPal invoice. This is okay, but it would be better to receive the PayPal invoice __and__ a real reply. I mean, I have in the past received fraudulent PayPal invoices. In this case, I was expecting it and able to act accordingly, but it would be best to have an additional message.

Anyway, now the trouble with my bank begins. My bank uses MasterCard as the processor for their debit (ATM) cards. Apparently, MasterCard flags all foreign transactions as fraud without exception; even if it first passes through the US company PayPal. I finally resolved payment with a different credit provider (who, incidentally, also processes with MasterCard but doesn't seem to have this problem. Weird.)

At this time, PayPal website tells me payment has been sent, but I have not received a (PayPal) receipt in my email account, nor a Pine64 receipt.
I wouldn't get too excited about DHL if you live in a remote location.
I ordered 2 pinephones in 2 separate orders since you can't buy 2 in one order... That means the $25 shipping is times 2.
Then I received notice that DHL now considers my postal code to be a remote location. That's new from last April, they have a 234 pages PDF listing the postal codes that are now considered remote, that's a LOT of postal codes (probably 3/4 of Canada)!!
So the surprise fee is... wait for it..... $38 that's right, of course times 2... so we are now at $126 for shipping of a couple $200 phones and that doesn't even include duty and taxes yet....

Luckily, Pine64 contacted me and the wife to offer us a chance to change our shipping address for one in a big city and skip the $38, but it will still have to get shipped from there to us.

All that to say that I hope Asendia will be available again or that more shipping options will be offered by the time I order a couple pinetabs.
Also, the limit per order should be increased to two to save on shipping if the wife happens to want the same stuff.