Improvement proposal to the Convergence Package
When I was looking at the included dock in the convergence package I noticed that it might not be ideal for convergence. Let me explain why.

The use case: 
 - You have the dock permanently on your desk connected to the monitor, power, keyboard, mouse, etc. And when you get to your desk you connect your pinephone with 1 cable to the dock and start working as if it where a desktop.

The problem: 
 - Now you are working while docked and you get a phone call.

The current options:
 - hold the phone to your ear with all the cables still attached (very awkward and clunky if at all possible as the lead of the dock is very short).
 - disconnect the pinephone from the dock to answer the call (you can't keep working in convergence while answering a call).
 - have a headset and answer the call using it (now you have to plug 2 cables to the pinephone as the dock does not have a jack).

Possible Solutions:
 - Replacing the lead of the dock with a connector so you can have a cable with the length you want.
 - Making the lead longer.
 - Having a headset or headphone and mic jack on the dock so you can have a headset always connected at your desk.

I know these solutions sound way easier than they are, as almost all if not all docks on the market have the current design (which is perfect for laptops but not for phones). So take these as just recommendations for the future :)

TL;DR: The lead of the dock included is too short for convergence use.
You missed some current options:
- USB extension cable - pick the length that suits your use case
- Bluetooth headset
- USB headset or headset adapter plugged into the current dock - you can even get them shaped like a phone handset ;-)

I quite like the idea of a desk stand dock, but something like the current one is way more versatile.
Use a Bluetooth headset or speaker phone ?

Be careful of cable length as the 3 or 5 volt dc voltage will drop very quickly

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery life improvement freelectro 10 2,944 06-01-2023, 08:27 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  No calls on Pine Phone Beta convergence edition polypode 1 1,108 03-06-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
  Issues with HDMI-out from convergence dock folgaran 1 1,135 06-16-2022, 04:35 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  What PD charger/dock combo results in PP battery not draining while using convergence james8880 0 1,390 04-28-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: james8880
  Pinephone convergence dock issue. Joshua 2 2,010 12-27-2021, 03:11 PM
Last Post: nelstomlinson
  Convergence: battery is constantly discharging/charging arjan1995 5 4,360 06-04-2021, 02:38 AM
Last Post: dsimic
  Does convergence dock have to be 'activated' in software? tgz 5 5,303 01-10-2021, 12:02 PM
Last Post: dsimic
  Purchase Convergence mainboard brb78 13 13,206 07-20-2020, 11:59 PM
Last Post: afigegoznaet