what's up with the LED colors?
the LED is slowly blinking blue now...is there a color code scheme posted somewhere? like, what each color / flashing speed means? I'm guessing that it has something to do with sleep mode?
(07-26-2020, 04:57 PM)arturo2bodegas Wrote: the LED is slowly blinking blue now...is there a color code scheme posted somewhere? like, what each color / flashing speed means? I'm guessing that it has something to do with sleep mode?

Looks to me like blue means CRUST is being engaged. Really like it! Especially helpful during wake from crust as well - no point repeatedly trying to scroll lock screen until blue light goes out!

Now the mutt's nuts would be say an hourly automatic wake from CRUST, check email etc, return to CRUST sleep but with diff colour if any notifications Big Grin
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
agreed! crust was my suspicion...I was just wondering if it had been made public anywhere, because I think that the LED can be so useful for a quick glance notification. I remember that they used to be quite common in android phones, then slowly disappeared. glad the pinephone has one, and that it is used.

I'll bet you could write a script that would do something like what you're thinking...it does sound cool! as I understand crust, it just leaves the WWLAN modem on for incoming calls and sms, and everything else is dormant.
Is it definitely from crust? I was thinking it was for notifications...
Mine has a blinking blue led but it does not turn off till I acknowledge the notification in the top pull down menu. Testing it by clearing the notifications, locking the screen, and sending a sms message from another phone the light blinks.
Just saw my phone enter that state; heard the click sound that I associate with plugging/unplugging the charger ... or maybe it was a double click? when I looked at the phone the blue LED was on, with a quick blink off every 1.5 - 2 sec ... had a notification of updates available.     Told it "later" and the LED went off.

I will use apt to do the upgrade, I seem to recall seeing a thread about someone having a problem from using the update button on the notification.
So, what is the blinking blue light?
I have no notifications, and it is blinking.
I plug it to the charger and it is still on

Any idea?
(08-10-2020, 03:24 PM)natasha Wrote: So, what is the blinking blue light?
I have no notifications, and it is blinking.
I plug it to the charger and it is still on

Any idea?
Its because of the power notifications, if you disable them like here it fixes it 99% of the time: https://pureos.ironrobin.net/git/clover/...13951cdb81