Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
(09-02-2016, 11:42 AM)amc2012 Wrote: Nothing personal, and thanks to everyone for the responses (even MHH777, with whom I had some disagreements), but I'm out. Moving on.

Good luck, folks.

Thank you amc2012;  best of luck to you too.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Ok my PINE64 is totally unusable because of network speed less than 1000B/s.

My network works perfectly. I'm connected to a regular netgear switch. Other computers are working fine. I tryed several cables.
I'm running the latest "DEBIAN BASE" image on a fast SD card. Image is "Debian Base (3.10.102 BSP 2)".

If i'm connecting a Raspberry PI instead of the PINE64 board, everything runs smoothly.
But with the PINE64 my network speed is less than 1000B/s, just unusable. I'm quite disgusted at this time. I can't even make an apt-get update as this is way too slow.

I'm totally stuck, i can't repair and can't install anything.

edit : ok after some nice tips from IRC, it seems the image officially linked in the official PINE64 wiki is bugged and should not be used anymore. After switching to ARMBIAN (legacy), network speed is now OK. Links on wiki should really be updated (it's a waste of time to start with a unusable image)
(01-19-2017, 03:49 PM)SRG Wrote: Ok my PINE64 is totally unusable because of network speed less than 1000B/s.

My network works perfectly. I'm connected to a regular netgear switch. Other computers are working fine. I tryed several cables.
I'm running the latest "DEBIAN BASE" image on a fast SD card. Image is "Debian Base (3.10.102 BSP 2)".

If i'm connecting a Raspberry PI instead of the PINE64 board, everything runs smoothly.
But with the PINE64 my network speed is less than 1000B/s, just unusable. I'm quite disgusted at this time. I can't even make an apt-get update as this is way too slow.

I'm totally stuck, i can't repair and can't install anything.

edit : ok after some nice tips from IRC, it seems the image officially linked in the official PINE64 wiki is bugged and should not be used anymore. After switching to ARMBIAN (legacy), network speed is now OK. Links on wiki should really be updated (it's a waste of time to start with a unusable image)

Which image are you referring to? All images are up-to-date, as in 'at their newest version'. There are no newer images of debian or Pine's ubuntu+mate but all you need to do to get the GbE fix on those images is to update the kernel. As has already been pointed out, armbian is a maintained distro and probably best option for the pine.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

ok good luck.. not saying it's that issue, but it might.