multi-touch limits?
tl;dr - what are the limits on multi-touch for the PinePhone?

I'm interested in supporting braille input on a PinePhone. Ideally, the user should be able to activate every possible dot in the braille cell. For six-dot braille, this would use three fingers on each hand; eight-dot braille would use four fingers on each hand. So, how many simultaneous locations can the PinePhone support?
(07-25-2020, 01:58 AM)Rich_Morin Wrote: tl;dr - what are the limits on multi-touch for the PinePhone?

I'm interested in supporting braille input on a PinePhone. Ideally, the user should be able to activate every possible dot in the braille cell. For six-dot braille, this would use three fingers on each hand; eight-dot braille would use four fingers on each hand. So, how many simultaneous locations can the PinePhone support?

Per the PinePhone touch screen controller GT917S datasheet, should able support up to ten points.
(07-30-2020, 03:06 PM)tllim Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 01:58 AM)Rich_Morin Wrote: tl;dr - what are the limits on multi-touch for the PinePhone?

Per the PinePhone touch screen controller GT917S datasheet, should able support up to ten points.
Thanks!  The datasheet contains a lot of useful-looking information. Moving up a level, can you point me to any information on APIs for the touch screen? In particular, do the various Linux flavors (e.g., Mobian, pmOS) all use the same API?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ubuntu Touch vs. Manjaro on Braveheart [Accessibility] jazzhands 0 1,157 09-22-2021, 11:52 AM
Last Post: jazzhands
  Replaced USB-C side board, touch screen goes nuts Zebulon Walton 2 3,088 04-14-2021, 09:50 AM
Last Post: israel
  Screen touch issue docofkult 2 2,806 11-17-2020, 01:25 AM
Last Post: docofkult
  Low Volume Making Calls (Ubuntu Touch) PineFuture 3 3,830 08-04-2020, 11:47 AM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
  Multi SD cards ? bcnaz 1 1,948 07-14-2020, 11:48 AM
Last Post: nas