Pinephone not booting various OSes (eMMC and SD card)
Hi all!
I have a Pinephone Braveheart, one of the first to ship (shipped around 9th March) and I used it on and off between school and other things. I left it lying around for a while and recently started playing with it again. It worked fine.

2 days ago I was on PostmarketOS with plasma. After a forced shutdown since it froze, it wasn't booting anymore. I tried PmOS with Phosh from the SD and the eMMC and it vibrated with a white and then green LED and shut off 1 second after that, and kept doing that. Then I tried Ubuntu from the SD and eMMC. I had a slow blinking red light.

I honestly don't know what the fuck to do anymore, any help would be GREATLY appreciated... thank you guys!
My phone also doesnt boot from emmc, if the battery is very low.

Does your phone boot with jumpdrive? https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PinePh..._Jumpdrive

If yes, boot it and leave it on the charger for some time.
(07-22-2020, 07:18 AM)lapinus Wrote: Hi all!
I have a Pinephone Braveheart, one of the first to ship (shipped around 9th March) and I used it on and off between school and other things. I left it lying around for a while and recently started playing with it again. It worked fine.

2 days ago I was on PostmarketOS with plasma. After a forced shutdown since it froze, it wasn't booting anymore. I tried PmOS with Phosh from the SD and the eMMC and it vibrated with a white and then green LED and shut off 1 second after that, and kept doing that. Then I tried Ubuntu from the SD and eMMC. I had a slow blinking red light.

I honestly don't know what the fuck to do anymore, any help would be GREATLY appreciated... thank you guys!
Have you tried applying the uboot clock fixes? You could be having that problem
(07-22-2020, 10:24 PM)rocket2nfinity Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 07:18 AM)lapinus Wrote: Hi all!

Have you tried applying the uboot clock fixes? You could be having that problem
Hey man, I fixed it! It was pretty easy. I had to boot an OS with a broken version of Crust like KDE Neon and I was able to charge it from there, since the battery was undercharged.

(07-22-2020, 08:24 AM)fooxl Wrote: My phone also doesnt boot from emmc, if the battery is very low.

Does your phone boot with jumpdrive? https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PinePh..._Jumpdrive

If yes, boot it and leave it on the charger for some time.
Ye I just did that and it worked. Right now I am sitting with Mobian hotspotting on my laptop and making calls, it's really a sweet OS. I think it's gonna be my daily driver... I gotta make it work since I am in vacation and my old Nexus 5x decided to give up on me...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  install iso from sd card to emmc aular 2 178 03-11-2024, 10:24 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 307 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,200 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,527 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 464 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  How To Access the Pine Phone Auxillary microSD Without Removing Card pinephoneuser22 2 794 01-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: britelite
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,945 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 385 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,483 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,611 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma