July Community Update discussion
July Community Update discussion goes here Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Great. A couple of questions:
How are you handling the situation with faulty PBP you shipped without proper QA? What is being done, and when you do expect to resolve those issues?
What is being done to prevent the same issues from cropping up again in the next batch of PBPs?
Now that you apparently have some time to spare, how many reports of faulty PBPs have you received so far?
How many of those reports have been resolved so far?
(07-15-2020, 09:48 AM)Luke Wrote: July Community Update discussion goes here Smile
Pine64 hasn't waste this time, uh?

Everything looks amazing.
Also, I like the idea of the warehouse.
However, this leave US alone.

No shipping to US anymore?

Could you please clarify?

thanks
(07-15-2020, 10:35 AM)Jazzband Wrote: Great. A couple of questions:
How are you handling the situation with faulty PBP you shipped without proper QA? What is being done, and when you do expect to resolve those issues?
What is being done to prevent the same issues from cropping up again in the next batch of PBPs?
Now that you apparently have some time to spare, how many reports of faulty PBPs have you received so far?
How many of those reports have been resolved so far?

@Luke Follow up question:
Why was my comment (containing the exact same questions) deleted twice from the community update comments?
For the PinePhone preorders, will there be a definitive last date to order published in advance? I'd prefer to order as late as possible if I am going to get one, but don't want to miss out if the preorder page is taken down abruptly without warning.
(07-15-2020, 11:56 AM)c_mmxx Wrote: For the PinePhone preorders, will there be a definitive last date to order published in advance? I'd prefer to order as late as possible if I am going to get one, but don't want to miss out if the preorder page is taken down abruptly without warning.

Typically preorders close once all devices in the batch are purchased/ordered/sold out. There's never been a set time window. Preorders could take 24h or 24 days to sell out. There's no point waiting until the last minute, b/c you'll likely miss out entirely.
As we approach the second half of July, I assumed that we'll get some news about PineTab preorder shipping. Unfortunately, nothing has been published considering that matter, so I have this follow-up question: is the precise date when you'll start shipping it already known? If so, what is it? Smile
(07-15-2020, 12:51 PM)naruciakk Wrote: As we approach the second half of July, I assumed that we'll get some news about PineTab preorder shipping. Unfortunately, nothing has been published considering that matter, so I have this follow-up question: is the precise date when you'll start shipping it already known? If so, what is it? Smile
I was also looking for a PineTab shipping update. Hopefully soon.
Is there any way to cancel a pinephone order that I haven't had a shipping notification on?

I /really/ didn't want my pinephone shipped by DHL and held off the shipping alteration as long as possible, only upgrading on July 6th. Now I really wish I'd let the order get cancelled.

They've announced a phone with a spec I want more, and a PCB fix, before the phone I ordered 24th April has even shipped.

If there is any way to cancel the order (Order #130582) then please help me out. Pretty disappointed. I knew minor hardware fixes were likely but the upgraded spec is much more in line with what I wanted so very disappointed by the timing of this.
I have been very curious about the next release of the Pine phones
   But I had not seen anything concrete, just approximate dates.

Then I saw today's July Update,   it mentioned the next Community Edition release.

Upon reading about the 'Convergence' upgrade availability and what that includes.

I went from being 'curious'  to   'I Gotta Have This'  !

The store website did seem a little bogged down,  maybe a big rush of eager customers ?

Can you please keep us posted on the sales ?  I am curious how long it will take to 'Sell-Out'  ?

Thank you Pine64,     BC

I currently have a Brave Heart and Pinebook Pro
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,099 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,276 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,589 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,689 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,514 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,762 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,772 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,611 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,886 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 145,644 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad