Suggestions for PINE Store improvements
(07-14-2020, 12:17 PM)I Luke Wrote: Hello all,

We'll be looking at redesigning the PINE Store in the coming weeks. We'd appreciate feedback and suggestions on what improvements you'd like to see.

Thanks!

Thank you for asking for feedback. Things I found unusual in my ordering process yesterday:

- No confirmation email of any kind after ordering. The only evidence of my order was a Paypal receipt.
- No status page to check on the status of the order.
- There was no shipping option if I had anything besides just the phone in my cart. Users on the Matrix channel tipped me to remove other items from the cart. This seems like a bug.
- No indication of when I will hear from Pine64 next.

I'm sure if these points are addressed it will reduce stress on the sales team, most likely a net win on your end.
(07-17-2020, 03:12 AM)stfwn Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 12:17 PM)I Luke Wrote: Hello all,

We'll be looking at redesigning the PINE Store in the coming weeks. We'd appreciate feedback and suggestions on what improvements you'd like to see.

Thanks!

Thank you for asking for feedback. Things I found unusual in my ordering process yesterday:

- No confirmation email of any kind after ordering. The only evidence of my order was a Paypal receipt.
- There was no shipping option if I had anything besides just the phone in my cart. Users on the Matrix channel tipped me to remove other items from the cart. This seems like a bug.

I'm sure if these points are addressed it will reduce stress on the sales team, most likely a net win on your end.
??
The DHL option came up during my order -  on July 15, Arizona, USA, time, I think it was July 16 in China..(?)
    I have no idea where the Stores server is, or what is the official Store time.
All orders made in the period 15-16th July were successfully processed, that said due to a system error - caused by the very high traffic volume following July 15th announcements - PINE Store confirmations were not sent out. This is one of the things we had to fix during the maintenance downtime, which lasted 28hrs.
If you got a paypal notification then it means your order was accepted and processed. So please do not worry.
We apologize about the situation.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-17-2020, 03:12 AM)stfwn Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 12:17 PM)I Luke Wrote: Hello all,

Thanks!

The single purchase limit of the phone or laptop is noted on the forum, and possibly at the store also.
 It has to do with 'shipping regulations'  ( internal battery ).  the only exception I know of is the M.2 SSD adapter for the PBP
can be added to a PBP purchase.
For other purchases I do not think there is any limits.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Keep up the good work!
I just tried to order a PinePhone but got stuck when I was forced to open a Paypal account.
So, on top of my list of suggestions: ordering and paying without having to open a Paypal account.
(07-20-2020, 01:52 AM)Silvio Wrote: Keep up the good work!
I just tried to order a PinePhone but got stuck when I was forced to open a Paypal account.
So, on top of my list of suggestions: ordering and paying without having to open a Paypal account.

You can order as a guest. A PayPal account is not required. PayPal just hide that option slightly so it's not too obvious.
(07-20-2020, 03:00 AM)SpoofyKid Wrote:
(07-20-2020, 01:52 AM)Silvio Wrote: Keep up the good work!

You can order as a guest. A PayPal account is not required. PayPal just hide that option slightly so it's not too obvious.
That's what I thought, but I was unable to find the guest option for "region/country" the Netherlands without opening a Paypal account.
If you switch to (for example) the UK, the account opening part on the payment page disappears.
(07-20-2020, 05:12 AM)Silvio Wrote: That's what I thought, but I was unable to find the guest option for "region/country" the Netherlands without opening a Paypal account.
If you switch to (for example) the UK, the account opening part on the payment page disappears.

You're right. I didn't realise it was different for certain countries. I would think that's a PayPal thing, not a Pine64 thing. Maybe Nederland puts that requirement on them?
....  something to do with the government laws placed on PayPal
    PayPal does not deliberately try to make it harder to order,  I saw a post months ago with a description explaining this.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(07-20-2020, 11:45 AM)SpoofyKid Wrote: You're right. I didn't realise it was different for certain countries. I would think that's a PayPal thing, not a Pine64 thing. Maybe Nederland puts that requirement on them?
(07-20-2020, 11:59 AM)bcnaz Wrote: ....  something to do with the government laws placed on PayPal
    PayPal does not deliberately try to make it harder to order,  I saw a post months ago with a description explaining this.

Possibly...
But otoh, I'm reasonably sure there are quite a few people that don't like sharing (even as guest) their private data with Paypal & Co. For some of those, the Pinephone is just too tempting to let Paypal ruin the party...
So, actually, the suggestion for PINE store improvement should read: please offer alternative (less intrusive) payment method(s) besides Paypal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine time London 11th Feb 2023 Surehand53 1 1,781 01-08-2023, 10:40 PM
Last Post: tllim
Question Can we create Boardviews for repair of PINE devices? (for OpenBoardView/FlexBV) PaulDaniels 2 5,835 07-20-2020, 08:56 PM
Last Post: PaulDaniels