What should i pack in the box with my v2.2. clusterboard?
i stumbled across an old clusterboard i bought for a defunct project, back when there was a promtion to get a SoPine bundled with it .

So now i have a single SOPINE board, psu, cluster board and two loose ceramic resistors in a box waiting to setup.The resistors stumped me at first, but found a description of their use (related to an ATX power supply)
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...0#pid49660

Now i have kit, and i have questions.

Fitting into a box.
I Have a box that is not It is not an ATX formfactor.
- Is active cooling really needed? Can it run fanless? Is there an upper passive cooling limit? Does it need ventilation at all (sealed?)
- Does there need to be airflow/clearance underneath the board?
- Is there a battery backed up portablility hack?

I will post more when they come up.
(07-14-2020, 10:34 AM)timoc Wrote: i stumbled across an old clusterboard i bought for a defunct project, back when there was a promtion to get a SoPine bundled with it .

So now i have a single SOPINE board, psu, cluster board and two loose ceramic resistors in a box waiting to setup.The resistors stumped me at first, but found a description of their use (related to an ATX power supply)

Fitting into a box.
- Is active cooling really needed? Can it run fanless? Is there an upper passive cooling limit? Does it need ventilation at all (sealed?)

- active cooling is not necessary. however a good air flow always important.
- the battery is use for RTC.
(07-18-2020, 11:45 PM)tllim Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 10:34 AM)timoc Wrote: i stumbled across an old clusterboard i bought for a defunct project, back when there was a promtion to get a SoPine bundled with it .

Fitting into a box.

- active cooling is not necessary. however a good air flow always important.
- the battery is use for RTC.
Thanks - i will modify my case to allow that.

The battery question was more along the lines if anyone has a battery powered cluster board. I have been thinking about a portable cluster...
(07-19-2020, 03:03 PM)timoc Wrote: The battery question was more along the lines if anyone has a battery powered cluster board. I have been thinking about a portable cluster...

Mine is battery powered when (when it runs, that is!). Although that is battery power is from a fixed solar system + 12v supply. (I take 12v from the batteries, step it up to 24v till it gets to near where the clusterboard is, and then drop it back down to 12v at the clusterboard and power it via the terminal block. So not exactly portable. If I were to go portable, I'd either find a power bank that can output 12v (if I want a plug and play approach), or probably a 4S lipo pack, BMS and buck regulator to give a constant 12v if I want to go the DIY route.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Managed Ethernet switch on the Clusterboard dsimic 6 5,209 01-16-2024, 02:05 AM
Last Post: hazcam
  Selling Clusterboard + 4 sopine xblack86 7 5,733 09-26-2022, 03:09 AM
Last Post: poVoq
  clusterboard availability? linear 1 1,576 07-17-2022, 06:44 AM
  Clusterboard not getting IP address after network fix Norlark 14 12,267 08-30-2021, 05:00 PM
  When would be the Clusterboard back on stock? __kzl__ 5 5,136 08-16-2021, 03:52 AM
  Schematics for customising the Clusterboard TechDragon 0 2,045 05-25-2021, 10:28 AM
Last Post: TechDragon
Information Clusterboard Guide AZClusterboard 9 23,166 04-06-2021, 06:32 AM
Brick Clusterboard CAD drawings TeaPack 1 3,766 03-31-2021, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Pine
  New Clusterboard Setup wargfn 5 7,224 01-01-2021, 10:10 AM
  Clusterboard does not even turn on? poVoq 3 6,136 08-15-2020, 07:31 AM