pinephone sales/availability
Pardon if this is out of scope or the like - but i don't actually see any full phones for sale on the website other than parts - I don;t think the idea is to assemble your own phone from parts, so is there any info on when these will become available?
Models shipping with Postmarket OS should be available for preorder in the near future. The Pine devices are assembled/sold in batches. You just missed the last one for the phone.

Watch the Pine64 blog for Luke's Community Update posts (every 15th) and their Twitter page (or any other active social platform) to find out when the next batch is expected to be available. They also add alerts in the bridged chat.
@tophneal
Some consumers paid, waited two months, and then the Pine Team canceled orders due to Asendia problems and / or because DHL did not deliver devices with batteries.
What about devices in canceled orders? Will they be updated and put up for sale?
(07-15-2020, 04:31 AM)MamlinAV Wrote: @tophneal
Some consumers paid, waited two months, and then the Pine Team canceled orders due to Asendia problems and / or because DHL did not deliver devices with batteries.
What about devices in canceled orders? Will they be updated and put up for sale?

I can't say for sure, since I have no official affiliation with Pine, but I would imagine those phones would either get offered back to the original purchaser, or would be added to the numbers of the next batch.

@Luke or @tllim would be the ones to ask, though. Anything I offer about it would be speculation.
(07-15-2020, 06:38 AM)tophneal Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 04:31 AM)MamlinAV Wrote: @tophneal

I can't say for sure, since I have no official affiliation with Pine, but I would imagine those phones would either get offered back to the original purchaser, or would be added to the numbers of the next batch.

@Luke or @tllim would be the ones to ask, though. Anything I offer about it would be speculation.
I ordered a Postmarket Convergence Edition today. Ram is 3gb and emmc is 32gb so it's a step up from Ubports Edition.
(07-14-2020, 04:05 AM)jeremyrutman Wrote: Pardon if this is out of scope or the like - but i don't actually see any full phones for sale on the website other than parts - I don;t think the idea is to assemble your own phone from parts, so is there any info on when these will become available?

I have been looking for notices myself and had not found anything concrete.

But When I was reading  Lukes July updates, 
                                       it turned out the PostmarketOS Community Edition went on Sale today !

and for an extra $50 you get an upgraded phone and a "Docking Log"
     I went for the upgrade myself, seems like a great deal.

The site was a little slow,  so I imagine they are selling   F A S T   !

Good Luck,  BC
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just received Pinephone - system crashes Zebulon Walton 12 13,421 11-13-2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton