Baseboard DC-006 centre tap?
For the SOPINE base board, the information in schematics does not make clear whether the 3.5mm power is +ve or -ve centre tap.    That would be J2.  Before people jump at this, a non-typical symbol is being used in the schematic.  

Yes I understand the +ve "lines up" visually with the centre tap, but who really wants to pump 3 amps the wrong way around into a board that takes months to turn up in the mail just to buzz out the connections Tongue

Any hints please?  

Might that detail be added to https://www.pine64.org/baseboard/ perhaps as I suspect I am not the only person that would have that question.
(07-13-2020, 08:30 PM)Bazmundi Wrote: For the SOPINE base board, the information in schematics does not make clear whether the 3.5mm power is +ve or -ve centre tap.    That would be J2.  Before people jump at this, a non-typical symbol is being used in the schematic.  

Yes I understand the +ve "lines up" visually with the centre tap, but who really wants to pump 3 amps the wrong way around into a board that takes months to turn up in the mail just to buzz out the connections Tongue

Any hints please?  

Might that detail be added to https://www.pine64.org/baseboard/ perhaps as I suspect I am not the only person that would have that question.

I was also confused by this (I ordered the SOPINE base board without a power supply). I took the risk - the Pinebook Pro power supply,which seems to be the same as the one for the Rock64/Pinebook/ Pine H64, has a fitting barrel connector and works fine with the base board.

From the Pinebook Pro schematics, it seems that the center tap is +ve, but it's probably safest to use a voltmeter to confirm this...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soquartz - what image for Model A baseboard? kbanfield 0 1,384 10-14-2022, 10:38 AM
Last Post: kbanfield
  I cannot see the administrator panel in Control Centre alexyia 2 4,960 07-06-2018, 06:11 AM
Last Post: alexyia