3D Printed Case w/CAD Source Code
I've come up with a 3D printable design for a case for the Pine64.
This case design has a bottom half with feet and with pegs that
stick up to match the mounting holes in the board.  The top half
has matching receptacles that fit over the pegs for tool-less
assembly.  Vent slots are provided top and bottom, and access
holes are cut out along the sides for electrical connections.
The one I had printed fits the board perfectly and looks sharp!

You can download the design, including an ".stl" file for immediate
printing and the OpenSCAD source code by going to:
"https://spideroak.com/browse/share/brf_public/Pine64_Case"
See the included "Readme" file for more information.

I hope folks find this useful.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do you have STL files for this?
(05-23-2016, 08:09 AM)fsa317 Wrote: Do you have STL files for this?

Yes, an STL file (with hole for power button but not GIO pin access) is packed
into the .zip file that you can download.  There is a read-me file in there, as
well as the OpenSCAD source.  Give it a read...

OpenSCAD is pretty easy to use, given the source files.  You can tinker with
the cut-outs without having to wade through all the code.  Also, for example,
you might want to print the two parts of the case as separate jobs.  Whatever.
I've never done 3D printing before but have dabbled a bit in SketchUp. Are STL files compatible? Or can I export a SketchUp? Where's the best place to find a 3D printer for rent/printing in my city? Or are there companies to which I can send my 3D file, they print then ship to me? Thanks!
I've never used SketchUp, but STL files seem to be somewhat of a standard, it would be interesting to try importing my STL file into SketchUp.  But why not just go with my source code and run OpenSCAD to generate new STL?

I've explored three commercial companies, "i.materialize", "Sculpteo", and "Shapeways".  You can upload your STL file and get a price quote without committing to any expense.  Shapeways is my current favorite based on price and quality, but I have no commercial interest in any of the three.  There may be others that a google search would reveal.  I've printed maybe half a dozen various designs, so the volume is not there to afford a printer of my own.  They ship your item pretty quickly.  My next project may be a case for the Raspberry Pi 3.
basically all the large commercial companies price gouge in my experience. i would suggest first to contact local universities / colleges to see if they offer 3d printing to the public. otherwise small local companies. i wanted a case for a nvidia tk1 and the lowest online was 100. university of arizona in tucson az did it for $14 total.
(06-11-2016, 02:41 PM)brf Wrote: I've never used SketchUp, but STL files seem to be somewhat of a standard, it would be interesting to try importing my STL file into SketchUp.  But why not just go with my source code and run OpenSCAD to generate new STL?

I've explored three commercial companies, "i.materialize", "Sculpteo", and "Shapeways".  You can upload your STL file and get a price quote without committing to any expense.  Shapeways is my current favorite based on price and quality, but I have no commercial interest in any of the three.  There may be others that a google search would reveal.  I've printed maybe half a dozen various designs, so the volume is not there to afford a printer of my own.  They ship your item pretty quickly.  My next project may be a case for the Raspberry Pi 3.

Check into your local libraries. The local library by my house has a makerspace and has 4 different 3D printers that can be used for free!
Dup:  Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Super Mario case [NOW WITH UPDATED STL-FILE (April 27.)] Tarjei85 37 63,243 07-23-2020, 05:31 AM
Last Post: devendraraju
  Made a case for the Pine64 with Audio DAC installed kodachrome 1 3,896 11-12-2019, 04:52 AM
Last Post: xalius
  playbox case ribbon cable too short pinoosh 7 12,111 02-22-2019, 03:24 AM
Last Post: GaryFunk
  Clear case PIne 64 with VESA100 LIPO , RTC holder, and mini fan holes killor 6 11,380 08-05-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: killor
  New Pine 64 Screen Case from C4Labs Dustin_C4Labs 11 18,688 07-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Last Post: tllim
  A case with active cooling for 1Gb pine64 ishwest 5 9,893 06-28-2017, 04:05 AM
Last Post: ishwest
  Lego Case Kiryu 67 87,269 03-30-2017, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Luke
  Acrylic case with Lipo Holder and 2 Tactile push button included killor 9 12,826 10-24-2016, 08:18 AM
Last Post: killor
  Pine64 Layer case modmypi 2 5,235 10-04-2016, 02:45 AM
Last Post: modmypi
Photo Weatherproof case build ltorsini 10 29,147 10-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Last Post: ltorsini