Restore the emmc boot partition after accidentally eMMC format?!
Hello,

I have accidentally deleted my two partitions on the eMMC in an first attempt to install one of the OS (mobian) for the PinePhone.
What I did was to first install the JumpDrive to the SD-card, which worked fine. The phone booted into that nicely.

From there I tried to install the OS directly into to the eMMC but It seamed not to fit there due to disk space issues. I then started gparted on my linux computer and tried to resize them but in the end I accidentally removed both partitions and created a new partition table (dos) with two new partitions on it (8gb for boot) and the rest for data.

I have searched all over the web what is needed to do co recreate the boot (loader) etc... I really need help Smile

Is there any somewhat simple way to restore it all from scratch?

With best regards
// Pippon
(07-13-2020, 11:28 AM)pippon Wrote: Hello,

I have accidentally deleted my two partitions on the eMMC in an first attempt to install one of the OS (mobian) for the PinePhone.
What I did was to first install the JumpDrive to the SD-card, which worked fine. The phone booted into that nicely.

From there I tried to install the OS directly into to the eMMC but It seamed not to fit there due to disk space issues. I then started gparted on my linux computer and tried to resize them but in the end I accidentally removed both partitions and created a new partition table (dos) with two new partitions on it (8gb for boot) and the rest for data.

I have searched all over the web what is needed to do co recreate the boot (loader) etc... I really need help Smile

Is there any somewhat simple way to restore it all from scratch?

With best regards
// Pippon
You could use the jump drive to expose the emmc and then just dd the mobian image (from the pinephone os wiki) to the emmc. It should rebuild your partition tables correctly for mobian. Same for postmarket and pure OS should you try them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 6 522 Yesterday, 02:22 AM
Last Post: bongosunny
  PinePhone Doesn't Boot LED Doesn't Show Any Signs When Charging dorkydev 1 221 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  install iso from sd card to emmc aular 2 313 03-11-2024, 10:24 PM
Last Post: tllim
  can I retrieve accidentally deleted voice mail with T mobile ? HLing 4 824 12-13-2023, 01:24 AM
Last Post: oldschool
  Boot screen stuck at 'K' because of firmware deleted. poundantisec 9 5,220 08-28-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Pinephone won't boot. spha 12 2,729 08-20-2023, 02:44 AM
Last Post: spha
  New Pinephone is dead. eMMC, boot, hardware issues. Shane 4 1,463 05-10-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Jumpdrive broken? eMMc broken Uturn 5 1,732 04-21-2023, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  trouble flashing eMMC TylerBlackberry 3 1,223 04-13-2023, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  UPDATED (June 2021): 17-distro multi-boot image for Pinephone (incl. 3GiB variant) megous 182 243,735 03-05-2023, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Eugo