Quality Assurance
Hello,

I would like to know if there is something planned for quality assurance for Mobian ?

Thanks
I am missing the boat with what you are asking (maybe others as well)... Would you care to elaborate on your question / provide an example?
(07-13-2020, 10:37 AM)maxibg Wrote: Hello,

I would like to know if there is something planned for quality assurance for Mobian ?

Thanks

Not sure what do you mean ?

Like your money back if not delighted ?

A few Distro's do have paid staff,   But as far as I know Mobian is volunteer workers with maybe a little from Donations.
                                                                                                                ( Very hard working volunteers )
(07-13-2020, 10:37 AM)maxibg Wrote: Hello,

Thanks
The project is still very young, so I would concentrate the efforts on developing the features still missing and solving the high priority bugs which are still active. Once the target state of the project is reached, it would be advisable to automate some smoke tests, and execute them after the nightly build is finished. The biggest problem will come, when support for more devices is added. Then software testing will be a must.
For the time being quality assurance is done on a user basis. Users report bugs and are expected to back up their devices on regular basis, so that they can restore them if something  gets broken.
The developers naturally test their own commits, and I am sure they use the pinephone on a regular basis. That is the reason why mobian works so well on the pinephone. : )
Indeed!
The only plan for now is to move to a testing+unstable repo scheme, just like Debian, which should happen by summer's end. Other than that, QA will have to wait, we don't have time to spend on this atm.

Anyone willing to help with CI and automated testing will be more than welcome, of course Wink
(07-13-2020, 09:20 PM)antiX-Dave Wrote: I am missing the boat with what you are asking (maybe others as well)... Would you care to elaborate on your question / provide an example?
Yeah of course, I'll be more precise !

So in my daily life I'm really interested into QA / testing stuff and also have some skills.
Since Pinephone & his distros are 'new' / early stage, I would like to be involved (for free ofc) into Quality assurance if possible.

For example, i don't know if there are some sanity check that are done every time a release is pushed ? Does this sanity check even exist ? Do they need someone to write some test case that needs to be done every time is release is pushed ?

Thanks all for your answer ! I hope you can see what I'm talking about when i talk about QA.
(07-15-2020, 10:33 AM)maxibg Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 09:20 PM)antiX-Dave Wrote: I am missing the boat with what you are asking (maybe others as well)... Would you care to elaborate on your question / provide an example?
Yeah of course, I'll be more precise !

So in my daily life I'm really interested into QA / testing stuff and also have some skills.
Since Pinephone & his distros are 'new' / early stage, I would like to be involved (for free ofc) into Quality assurance if possible.

For example, i don't know if there are some sanity check that are done every time a release is pushed ? Does this sanity check even exist ? Do they need someone to write some test case that needs to be done every time is release is pushed ?

Thanks all for your answer ! I hope you can see what I'm talking about when i talk about QA.

I think for a qa, you have to stick to what debian does...because mobian is a debian distribution for mobile.

Most of the interesting stuff is on the qa.debian.org Wiki pages.
(07-15-2020, 10:33 AM)maxibg Wrote: Since Pinephone & his distros are 'new' / early stage, I would like to be involved (for free ofc) into Quality assurance if possible.

That's definitely an area where we could use some help, yes! Basically, you can consider the current QA to be non-existent at this stage.
If you'd like to be involved, please PM me or reach out to me on matrix (@a-wai:matrix.org) so we can discuss that Smile
(07-16-2020, 04:36 AM)a-wai Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 10:33 AM)maxibg Wrote: Since Pinephone & his distros are 'new' / early stage, I would like to be involved (for free ofc) into Quality assurance if possible.

That's definitely an area where we could use some help, yes! Basically, you can consider the current QA to be non-existent at this stage.
If you'd like to be involved, please PM me or reach out to me on matrix (@a-wai:matrix.org) so we can discuss that Smile
 I don't use matrix for now, so I sent you a PM Wink
I work as an SDET/QA and would love to get involved in an open source project, especialy one like this that I plan on using. Let me know if there is antyhing I can help with.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  audio quality on phone Rainer 0 1,386 05-28-2021, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Rainer
  How to improve Bluetooth audio quality CyberSeb 6 9,042 07-28-2020, 01:21 PM
Last Post: CyberSeb