Modem stopped working on BH
Thank you @biktorgj.  Your recovery package (https://github.com/Biktorgj/quectel_eg25_recovery) seemed to work flawlessly.

Although ultimately it didn't bring my Braveheart PP's EG25-G to life, I still very much appreciate your making it available and the work it represents.

I share my modem firmware flashing experience with your recovery kit below.

Problem Description: Braveheart PP dysfunctional since receipt failed new and old PMOS Factory tests and did not acknowledge/recognize multiple known to be working sim cards in multiple OS's flashed to uSD (Mobian, PureOS, UBPorts, PMOS).  These sim cards work fine in a PMOS convergence phone recently obtained.

Methodology:  Method used was as described in the @biktorgj's Readme.md and tools used were those from the biktorgj respository (https://github.com/Biktorgj/quectel_eg25_recovery).

Approach:  I chose the shorting of the test points method to place the modem in EDL mode.)

Some notes on steps used and the experience are below.

1.  Booted the BH with a recent Mobian build flashed to uSD card.
2. Connected with phone’s wifi to a hotspot and confirmed the internet connection .
3.  Looked to see if git was installed using:
  apt-cashe policy git
('git' was not installed)
4. Installed git using:
      sudo apt install git.
5. Cloned the github repository
      sudo git clone https://github.com/Biktorgj/quectel_eg25_recovery.git
6.  Turned off the phone and unplugged it.
7.  Removed the battery, the uSD card (with recent Mobian build), and sim card.
8.  To uncover the EG25’s test points, pried the rear housing apart with fingernail and a plastic spludge after removing its many tiny screws.
9.  While shorting the two test points with a paper clip, pressed the ‘On’ button until the
the Mobian OS booted  (Did not hear camera clicking but I have poor high frequency hearing)
10.  Logged into Mobian and opened up a terminal  (King’s Cross)
11.  Typed "lsusb" into the terminal as the Github readme.md instructed.
This did indeed return the desired following modem device information:
      "Bus 003 Device 003: ID 05c6:9008 Qualcomm, Inc. Gobi Wireless Modem (QDL mode)"
12. (I’m excited now) I navigated to the root of earlier cloned/downloaded Biktorgj repository and typed:
      ./qfirehose_arm64 -f ./
13.  The reflash of the EG25-G began and eventually after maybe 30s to a minute gave a message that it completed successfully.  (Much fanfare and dancing)
14.  Unfortunately ultimately there was no joy as turning off the phone, inserting a sim (that was working fine on a PMOS convergence PP with Mobian), and rebooting with uSD flashed with  Mobian (that also was working fine with the PMOS Conv. PP) resulted in the dreaded ‘No Sim card” message.
15.  Removed the uSD and the sim card and restarted the phone.  Since it was a BH phone it booted from its eMMC into the original PMOS factory test (as it came from the factory)
16.  Running the automatic tests the EC25 test failed as it always has since it was unboxed.
17.  Turned off the phone and inserted the sim card and rebooted the phone only for it to fail the automatic factory tests again including the specific modem test.  This modem test did not find the sim card either.

Conclusion:  This BH’s modem is truly dead (still born) and I am giving up trying to bring to life but appreciate being able to attempt a repair by flashing the modem’s firmware.

Thanks again to @biktorgj.

Epilog: I am hoping that a replacement mainboard (with the USB-C fix)  will become available soon in the Pine Store and I have enough scratch to buy one.
@LazLong
I have strange issues with my modem too and are actually also about to give up. The modem drops out all the time and isn’t able to send messages on 4G ... I also reloaded the firmware - nothing changed really - sometimes I have the impression it got worse. I guess I have to wait for a new 1.2 version mb too Sad that’s depressing ...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supported Carrier and Modem Bands NachoMomma 4 1,355 03-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  power circuit can't charge battery and can't supply enough power for modem or wifi vortex 2 365 02-17-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: vortex
Bug PinePhone modem keeps "disappearing" Kevin Kofler 14 5,234 03-22-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  modem not working michelinux 0 868 02-16-2023, 04:56 AM
Last Post: michelinux
  modem not detected al_x 3 4,074 02-15-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: fxc
  firmware udate Quectel EG25-G modem alwi 7 5,103 07-06-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: user641
  Need command to tell what modem firmware I am on. purpletiger 4 2,652 07-06-2022, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  The modem does not recognize Korean SIM cards (what?) bdicewk 9 3,869 06-13-2022, 04:12 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Modem Hardware bad? Not ready for 5g?? linux76 8 4,493 05-31-2022, 06:41 PM
Last Post: SwordfishII
  Modem in failed state, not sending/receiving SMS brb78 5 3,513 03-31-2022, 08:37 AM
Last Post: wibble