AT&T Cellular Data
On build 81, but this problem has existed since I started using the phone on OTA 2.

In the USA. Using fresh AT&T prepaid account with 8GB of data. Have calls and text.

Phone recognizes cell data network, there's the little box with the L next to the signal strength indicator. However, when I try to use any apps requiring data, they fail to use the network. When I use Morph, it is immediately redirected to an attcompute.com address, and I get the message that "It looks like you want to use data but have none available."

I've checked my AT&T account online, and of course I have all 8 GB still available.

The APN is "phone" and I've tried changing it to another APN recommended by AT&T for Android and iPhones, which is NXTGENPHONE. That just eliminates the data connection entirely. I've checked my IMEI, and my account has the correct IMEI for my phone.

There's a disconnect going on between the phone and my AT&T account, but of course AT&T support provides no solutions. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

(BTW, I have no problems with data on wifi).

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions?
Is your time and date correct? Is your GPS position correct? I've had this problem with other brand phones when one of these is wrong.

Also, I don't know what it's like to use AT&T's actual service. But I've used MVNOs on AT&T's network and found that some devices work on specific bands where only certain data plans work. So I recommend seeing if your SIM works correctly in a different device, and then check if it uses different RF bands than the PinePhone. (I don't know the first thing about the PinePhone so this might not even be an issue).
(07-10-2020, 01:10 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: Is your time and date correct?  Is your GPS position correct?  I've had this problem with other brand phones when one of these is wrong. 

Also, I don't know what it's like to use AT&T's actual service.  But I've used MVNOs on AT&T's network and found that some devices work on specific bands where only certain data plans work.  So I recommend seeing if your SIM works correctly in a different device, and then check if it uses different RF bands than the PinePhone.  (I don't know the first thing about the PinePhone so this might not even be an issue).

No GPS on the UBports yet, still waiting. Time and date are correct, but I have not tried the SIM in another phone, that's a great idea.
I had the same error and had to switch to a Xperia 10 Sailfish OS phone.
Did the data plan finally work in ubports?
(07-21-2020, 05:36 PM)natasha Wrote: Did the data plan finally work in ubports?

I think it was a problem with how the AT&T guy activated my SIM card. On a whim, I went and got a self-activating Cricket SIM (still AT&T network), and I started getting cell data.

Until yesterday. I'm on UBports dev build 103.

EDIT: nvm. I rebooted and got cell data back.
I will look into the cricket then! thanks
There are other AT&T network MVNOs.  I wonder which ones work.  If we knew which bands Cricket uses, and what the APN settings are, we might be able to determine that.
Now things are getting weird...

When I'm on cell data only, the only apps which seem to be able to access it now are Morph and Weather. Everything else -- Open Store, Teleports, for example -- cannot find a network connection.

I'm on dev build 105

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Calling/texting/Data syrinx 23 26,282 03-11-2021, 11:00 AM
Last Post: andybleaden@gmail.com
  cellular connection: status and technical information? pphone-newbie 2 3,598 09-03-2020, 02:47 AM
Last Post: pphone-newbie
  A hint for getting mobile data. Cree 0 2,039 07-30-2020, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Cree
  Mobile data APN Cree 0 2,097 07-27-2020, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Cree
  Cellular switch (sw1) causes wifi to stop working blihp 4 6,086 07-21-2020, 10:30 PM
Last Post: blihp
Bug Cellular Data vicky 4 5,825 07-01-2020, 04:06 AM
Last Post: fernando_c_m
  Mobile data issue on UT afigegoznaet 6 7,188 05-12-2020, 10:47 AM
Last Post: brb78