GloDroid (Android-13)
(10-03-2020, 04:35 AM)Kerith Wrote: I tried installing version 0.5.1 on my 3GB PinePhone but also ran into the problem of just having a black screen and red led after flashing the image to SD and inserting it.

It seems some people have problems with adb so try this instead.
(10-03-2020, 01:37 PM)nas Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 04:35 AM)Kerith Wrote: I tried installing version 0.5.1 on my 3GB PinePhone but also ran into the problem of just having a black screen and red led after flashing the image to SD and inserting it.

https://mega.nz/file/Bgl3hAZD#PWqi7hUFkf...Z8kFPdoCAE

There is a link to the flashable SD image of 0.5.1 if you're looking for it. Obviously sleep and a few other bits dont work but otherwise all good.
(10-10-2020, 04:33 PM)patrickjquinn Wrote:

There is a link to the flashable SD image of 0.5.1 if you're looking for it. Obviously sleep and a few other bits dont work but otherwise all good.

which few other bits? voice calls and GSM data are still not working right? and camera?
(10-11-2020, 05:02 AM)vanja Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 04:33 PM)patrickjquinn Wrote:

which few other bits? voice calls and GSM data are still not working right? and camera?

Same list of working / not working as the 0.5.1 release. So yes, calls, camera, data, sleep arent working yet.
After copying that image to the SD-card, I tried to mount partition sdb10, but Linux refused because it did not contain a valid file system.

Anyhow, I put in the PinePhone and powered on. After a few seconds there appeared a white circle with the text "Erasing" and from then on nothing happened.

I won't go that thorny way again and suggest that a compressed sd-card image be presented somewhere the download policy is not as ugly as with mega.nz.

Compressing will also add a checksum to the image so that errors would be readily detected.

Thank you!
(10-12-2020, 01:28 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote: After copying that image to the SD-card, I tried to mount partition sdb10, but Linux refused because it did not contain a valid file system.

Anyhow, I put in the PinePhone and powered on. After a few seconds there appeared a white circle with the text "Erasing" and from then on nothing happened.

I won't go that thorny way again and suggest that a compressed sd-card image be presented somewhere the download policy is not as ugly as with mega.nz.

Compressing will also add a checksum to the image so that errors would be readily detected.

Thank you!

It takes patience, it took maybe 5-6 mins after the erasing screen to start first boot.

I've actually tested the image by pulling it down from mega in a zip and flashing it to the SD. Works for me on my non convergence package PP. Your milage may vary.
Many thanks for your reply!
I waited at least 15 minutes, the red LED turned off and then my 3 GB RAM phone refused to reboot.
After my posting I removed the battery and SD-card from the phone and found out, that sda10 now was formatted ext4 and contained some data.
After putting the card again in the phone and pressing the power switch a few times I got again the red LED and after an eternity there was the big surprise: I got an Android screen and will now have to test that system.
I had now time to explore that image and play around with several apps.
It looks very interesting and I hope that soon the Quectel modem will be supported.

Can anybody tell me how I can get ssh with simple password from my PC to the phone enabled.
Is it possible that the Android phone does have a hostname?

Many thanks!
(10-13-2020, 05:37 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote: Can anybody tell me how I can get ssh with simple password from my PC to the phone enabled.

An app like this should do the job.
thanks for the links, info, and installation guide.

I have the latest on the pinephone. now for the phone to charge, then look around

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GloDroid (Android-14) GaryM 1 69 9 hours ago
Last Post: GaryM
Tongue Android Auto on Pinephone via Waydroid: a pipe dream? slondr 1 2,010 11-06-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: wibble
  difference between android and linux? vanja 3 2,098 09-16-2022, 07:43 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Android and Google Play Store on a PinePhone? Solra Bizna 22 40,815 11-01-2021, 07:11 AM
Last Post: digitalmouse
  Easiest way to use Android applications on Pinephone esud 4 8,461 06-21-2021, 04:52 AM
Last Post: vanja
  Remote connection from Linux Mobile to unrooted Android? (surely very useful?!) 4w7gvrvsjcyvd 0 1,818 01-30-2021, 06:48 PM
Last Post: 4w7gvrvsjcyvd
  pine phone came with android? andrewiassur 1 3,329 04-11-2020, 02:06 PM
Last Post: fire219