GloDroid (Android-13)
Is there a team or anyone in particular actively working on GloDroid? Looking at their github page (https://github.com/GloDroid/glodroid_device) it looks like no one's uploaded anything in a couple months.

I'm just curious, is progress waiting on more of the pinephone's hardware drivers to make it into the Linux mainline kernel?
(12-07-2020, 10:56 AM)gamerminstrel Wrote: Is there a team or anyone in particular actively working on GloDroid? Looking at their github page (https://github.com/GloDroid/glodroid_device) it looks like no one's uploaded anything in a couple months.

I'm just curious, is progress waiting on more of the pinephone's hardware drivers to make it into the Linux mainline kernel?

Hi, 

We are always working on it. Sometimes our work is shifted to AOSP components, which isn't visible in the device repo.

We had an issue after switching pinephone from kernel v5.8 to 5.9 (and v5.10), which blocked our release cycle.
Kernel isn't booting after soft reset. (Dmesg hangs at emmc partition probing.)

Since our strategy to patiently wait for someone else fix it has failed, we will probably continue live with this bug.

I plan to publish next pre-release in mid of Jan 2021.
(12-28-2020, 07:26 AM)Thanks for all your hard work on this Android build. I saw a reddit somewhere which I can\t find anymore about needing testers with the UBPorts, v1.2 devices. Count me in if I can help.rsglobal Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 10:56 AM)gamerminstrel Wrote: Is there a team or anyone in particular actively working on GloDroid? Looking at their github page (https://github.com/GloDroid/glodroid_device) it looks like no one's uploaded anything in a couple months.

Hi, 

We are always working on it. Sometimes our work is shifted to AOSP components, which isn't visible in the device repo.

We had an issue after switching pinephone from kernel v5.8 to 5.9 (and v5.10), which blocked our release cycle.
Kernel isn't booting after soft reset. (Dmesg hangs at emmc partition probing.)

Since our strategy to patiently wait for someone else fix it has failed, we will probably continue live with this bug.

I plan to publish next pre-release in mid of Jan 2021.
Are updates possible between GloDroid builds?
(02-18-2021, 07:36 PM)Shatur Wrote: Are updates possible between GloDroid builds?

I never used GloDroid, but I'm using custom ROMs on my Android devices (namely the privacy aimed /e/ OS which is based on LineageOS) and normally you can dirty flash newer updates if they're on the same Android Version. If things start acting weird, wipe the caches.

Updates for custom ROMs are often distributed as images you can either use for initial flashing or flashing over an existing installation.
(02-19-2021, 06:48 AM)ludix Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 07:36 PM)Shatur Wrote: Are updates possible between GloDroid builds?

I never used GloDroid, but I'm using custom ROMs on my Android devices (namely the privacy aimed /e/ OS which is based on LineageOS) and normally you can dirty flash newer updates if they're on the same Android Version. If things start acting weird, wipe the caches.

Updates for custom ROMs are often distributed as images you can either use for initial flashing or flashing over an existing installation.

Yes, I also updated a firmware on another phone like this, but I tested reinstalling GloDroid and data was erased. Not sure if is there a way to perform a dirty flash.
Is it possible to build it with serial console disabled?
I successfully install GloDroid, but I want to keep trying different OS's on my Pinephone. After installing GloDroid, I can no longer boot into JumpDrive. How can I revert what was done by GloDroid? I still would like to come back to GloDroid at some point, but I don't want to shut the door on other OS's by doing so.

Thank you!!
(02-23-2021, 02:19 PM)kschepps Wrote: I successfully install GloDroid, but I want to keep trying different OS's on my Pinephone. After installing GloDroid, I can no longer boot into JumpDrive. How can I revert what was done by GloDroid? I still would like to come back to GloDroid at some point, but I don't want to shut the door on other OS's by doing so.

Thank you!!
You can install it on eMMC and use SD Card for Jumpdrive with other OS's. Or vice versa.
Is there still any development on GloDroid for the Pinephone? I wanted to use the phone as a fully De-Googled Android device with physical hardware switches while Linux distros mature a bit more. But seems like all Android development is abandoned Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Android Auto on Pinephone via Waydroid: a pipe dream? slondr 1 1,955 11-06-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: wibble
  difference between android and linux? vanja 3 2,005 09-16-2022, 07:43 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Android and Google Play Store on a PinePhone? Solra Bizna 22 40,382 11-01-2021, 07:11 AM
Last Post: digitalmouse
  Easiest way to use Android applications on Pinephone esud 4 8,310 06-21-2021, 04:52 AM
Last Post: vanja
  Remote connection from Linux Mobile to unrooted Android? (surely very useful?!) 4w7gvrvsjcyvd 0 1,787 01-30-2021, 06:48 PM
Last Post: 4w7gvrvsjcyvd
  pine phone came with android? andrewiassur 1 3,285 04-11-2020, 02:06 PM
Last Post: fire219