GloDroid (Android-13)
(10-03-2020, 04:35 AM)Kerith Wrote: I tried installing version 0.5.1 on my 3GB PinePhone but also ran into the problem of just having a black screen and red led after flashing the image to SD and inserting it.

It seems some people have problems with adb so try this instead.
(10-03-2020, 01:37 PM)nas Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 04:35 AM)Kerith Wrote: I tried installing version 0.5.1 on my 3GB PinePhone but also ran into the problem of just having a black screen and red led after flashing the image to SD and inserting it.

https://mega.nz/file/Bgl3hAZD#PWqi7hUFkf...Z8kFPdoCAE

There is a link to the flashable SD image of 0.5.1 if you're looking for it. Obviously sleep and a few other bits dont work but otherwise all good.
(10-10-2020, 04:33 PM)patrickjquinn Wrote:

There is a link to the flashable SD image of 0.5.1 if you're looking for it. Obviously sleep and a few other bits dont work but otherwise all good.

which few other bits? voice calls and GSM data are still not working right? and camera?
(10-11-2020, 05:02 AM)vanja Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 04:33 PM)patrickjquinn Wrote:

which few other bits? voice calls and GSM data are still not working right? and camera?

Same list of working / not working as the 0.5.1 release. So yes, calls, camera, data, sleep arent working yet.
After copying that image to the SD-card, I tried to mount partition sdb10, but Linux refused because it did not contain a valid file system.

Anyhow, I put in the PinePhone and powered on. After a few seconds there appeared a white circle with the text "Erasing" and from then on nothing happened.

I won't go that thorny way again and suggest that a compressed sd-card image be presented somewhere the download policy is not as ugly as with mega.nz.

Compressing will also add a checksum to the image so that errors would be readily detected.

Thank you!
(10-12-2020, 01:28 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote: After copying that image to the SD-card, I tried to mount partition sdb10, but Linux refused because it did not contain a valid file system.

Anyhow, I put in the PinePhone and powered on. After a few seconds there appeared a white circle with the text "Erasing" and from then on nothing happened.

I won't go that thorny way again and suggest that a compressed sd-card image be presented somewhere the download policy is not as ugly as with mega.nz.

Compressing will also add a checksum to the image so that errors would be readily detected.

Thank you!

It takes patience, it took maybe 5-6 mins after the erasing screen to start first boot.

I've actually tested the image by pulling it down from mega in a zip and flashing it to the SD. Works for me on my non convergence package PP. Your milage may vary.
Many thanks for your reply!
I waited at least 15 minutes, the red LED turned off and then my 3 GB RAM phone refused to reboot.
After my posting I removed the battery and SD-card from the phone and found out, that sda10 now was formatted ext4 and contained some data.
After putting the card again in the phone and pressing the power switch a few times I got again the red LED and after an eternity there was the big surprise: I got an Android screen and will now have to test that system.
I had now time to explore that image and play around with several apps.
It looks very interesting and I hope that soon the Quectel modem will be supported.

Can anybody tell me how I can get ssh with simple password from my PC to the phone enabled.
Is it possible that the Android phone does have a hostname?

Many thanks!
(10-13-2020, 05:37 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote: Can anybody tell me how I can get ssh with simple password from my PC to the phone enabled.

An app like this should do the job.
thanks for the links, info, and installation guide.

I have the latest on the pinephone. now for the phone to charge, then look around

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Android Auto on Pinephone via Waydroid: a pipe dream? slondr 1 1,954 11-06-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: wibble
  difference between android and linux? vanja 3 2,002 09-16-2022, 07:43 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Android and Google Play Store on a PinePhone? Solra Bizna 22 40,366 11-01-2021, 07:11 AM
Last Post: digitalmouse
  Easiest way to use Android applications on Pinephone esud 4 8,306 06-21-2021, 04:52 AM
Last Post: vanja
  Remote connection from Linux Mobile to unrooted Android? (surely very useful?!) 4w7gvrvsjcyvd 0 1,786 01-30-2021, 06:48 PM
Last Post: 4w7gvrvsjcyvd
  pine phone came with android? andrewiassur 1 3,285 04-11-2020, 02:06 PM
Last Post: fire219